Quessa-Uss

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Quessa-Uss
Apprentice
Member # 8185
Profile #0
is there a way to go up the stairs
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
No.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 7276
Profile #2
*****SPOILER*****

When you win the duel, and Ghaldring comes in to congratulate you and send you on your way...what if you try to kill him? (I didn't have the power.) Does it let you tweak the ending just a little by having him die?
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #3
Whenever you even see Ghaldring it is always in a scripted cutscene. There is no way to kill him or even attack him that I know of. If you attack the drakons watching the duel (Ghalding is not even among them) you will auto-die.

--------------------
You lose.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
Actually, you do get to see Ghaldring immediately after the duel with Salassar ends. Attacking him does in fact cause you to die, though.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #5
In a beta version I was able to get Ghaldring down to about a third of his health before getting auto-killed. I suggested that Jeff make him invulnerable, rather than just unkillable, because it kind of takes away his aura if you think that three Kills would do him in.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #6
I just tried to kill Ghaldring with 42 combined Spellcraft + Battle Magic. Two hits of Kill only took him down half. After one turn of attacks, I was auto-killed.

I've also been wondering, is there a cap on magic power at 20, or will it ramp up indefinitely?

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #7
Everything caps at 30. However, wearing items makes it go higher, so theoretically you could edit an item script and it might give you otherwise impossibly high stats.

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #8
So, under this cap, do Spellcraft and other magic add up to more than 30? Do I really have 42 Battle Magic effectively, or just 30?

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
The cap only applies to each stat individually, not in combination. You won't hit the caps, because raising even one stat to 30 would require about as many skill points as you're likely to earn in a whole game, and you're not going to spend all your skill points on just one stat.

[ Monday, February 26, 2007 23:55: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 7501
Profile #10
how does it autokill u?(im in the fens of azirath right now)
does it do impossible damgae or a killchar thing?
or does it do sumting else?

--------------------
previous display name was TAKE ALL
SHAPER I am ALWAYS with you i know all that u do i know all of your secrets including how to shape
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #11
There are a few places that inexplicably kill you by absurd damage, but most instant kill scripts do just that. You die instantly.

—Alorael, who thinks that cheating still raises the question of whether the cap just prevents you from adding more points or whether sooner or later the points stop counting.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Flume and Waive:

—Alorael, who thinks that cheating still raises the question of whether the cap just prevents you from adding more points or whether sooner or later the points stop counting.
Or maybe it'll just end up like Avernum and you'll do 1%# damage to everyone.

--------------------
You lose.