Burwood

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Burwood
Apprentice
Member # 6177
Profile #0
I'm playing an Infiltrator as a hardcore rebel (almost no pro-shaper quests at all) and I just (finally) finished off Monarch. So I went up to Burwood, south road and *BAM* two wingbolts wipe out my entire party.....

Whaaaaa......? Sure, Monarch was hard, but he wasn't THAT hard! I'm level 28, I have a Cryoa that's been with me since almost the begining and a Drayk that I made not that long ago. She's mainly melee with decent spell casting. I've cleared out almost every area (except the shaper gamma thingy) and have fairly good gear but this is insane, I'm way out of my league. Did I miss something? Was there another section I should have gone through?

-Duality
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #1
Try to encounter only one wingbolt at a time. Cast some protective spells and battle blessing ahead of time. Hasting helps. Your cryoa should do some decent damage to a wingbolt. Ice spray works well too.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Wingbolts are nasty when you don't have the health. There are 5 in that area. You need to buff yourself and try to take them on one at a time. They are vulnerable to icy spray. About 2 or 3 icy crystals will take one out.

Strong daze helps, but it really comes down to watching that they don't get too close to you until you are ready.

There are 2 wingbolts guarding Alwan's chamber in Rivergate Keep if you want to practice.

Edit - Synergy has it right. Also their missle attack is worse than their poison melee attack. It's just that out in the open they will back up and use their energy missle attack.

[ Thursday, February 15, 2007 21:57: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Apprentice
Member # 6177
Profile #3
I always cast protective spells :)
I'll go back and try to isolate one at a time, I was just afraid I had a badly built character or something.

Oh, and is there any particular reason you can't forge shields? I find it kind of irritating.

-Duality

[ Friday, February 16, 2007 09:29: Message edited by: Duality ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
It's the way Jeff set up this game. Maybe in Geneforge 5 if there is enough demand.