Any Vista Users Who Got a CD?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Any Vista Users Who Got a CD?
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #0
We had a complaint from a user who was using Vista and who wasn't able to install the game from the CD. It should be working fine in general, so this worries me.

Are there any Vista users who got the CD and it worked/didn't work?

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Lifecrafter
Member # 991
Profile #1
I've played through a good deal of geneforge 4 with vista and have had no problems thus far.

As far as installing the game from the CD...

The autostart menu that pops up on vista ( Displaying: "install" / "view readme" / "quit" ) Doesn't work. Clicking install simply doesn't do anything.

But anyone using vista can still install the game.

To do this:
- Go to "computer"
- right click the geneforge CD and click explore from the menu that appears. (this will let you see the CD's contents).
- click the install icon.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #2
What he said.

For me, none of the recent Spiderweb games installed straight from the CD under Vista. However, as I hate autoplay and prefer to browse to the install.exe file on the CD anyway, this didn't worry me.

Browsing to D:\Install.exe on my GF4 cd worked fine.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #3
Thanks for the information. We've redone the CD, and it should be better now.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #4
This is a great example of one of the things I love about these games. If you are having trouble Jeff will help you and try to fix the problem.