Question about canisters

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Question about canisters
Apprentice
Member # 931
Profile #0
Is there a safe amount of cannisters you can use before your dialog options start changing and you get a worse ending? I'm playing through as a shaper-aligned lifecrafter and havent used any cannisters yet, and i was wondering if it was safe to use one or two without changing the game at all
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl
From what I've seen by looking through the scripts, the lowest check is at 5 canisters and the highest is 12. (The check at 5 is just somebody telling you that he knows you've used canisters, though; it doesn't affect your interactions with him.) I'm pretty sure it takes at least 12 to affect the ending as well.

—Alorael, who didn't put it better himself. He was in fact apparently wrong.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Keeping canister usage low means you can choose your fights in a few places. You still want them, but you want a chance to buff yourself.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #3
So, Leadership is not as useful to avoid fights when one has used a lot of canisters?

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Apprentice
Member # 8037
Profile #4
Actually I was wondering how much effect would the canisters even have on one who already used the geneforge. I mean the forge has got to hit you pretty hard just by it self. I'd think the canisters effects would be small compaired to that.

[ Monday, February 12, 2007 09:20: Message edited by: Dragon Azori ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
When you get to a dialog choice like Swamped Crossroads or Frostwood you will find that canister usage number outweighs leadership.

With high leadership and low canister usage you can "avoid" the fight, collect some experience, and then kill them one at a time for more experience.