Shaping Skills - Create Dryak?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Shaping Skills - Create Dryak?
Warrior
Member # 2155
Profile #0
's been forever and a day since I was last on these forums, but I could use some help. I'm Northforge Deep into the Geneforge 4 campaign and I was wondering about how I could go about enhancing my skill in shaping Dryaks. I'm really hoping to get to the point where I can make Cryodryaks, but at this point I'm not even sure it's possible. I could simply resort to shaping a Drakon, but I've enough fire based damage as it is. Falling back to the Gazer is another option, but one I'm not terribly thrilled with. In any case, any advise would be welcomed.

--------------------
Razordisk Frisbee Golf
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #1
Create Drayk

1) Train in Rebel Camp Aziraph

Score canisters in:

2) Wrecked Lab under the Golem's Fen
3) Monarch’s Realm

Cryodrayks rock. Go for it.

-S-

P.S. If you're all the way to Northforge, then there's not much left to do with Cryodrayks. You might find it more helpful to make Drakons. Or better yet...Ur-Drakons!

[ Friday, December 22, 2006 22:59: Message edited by: 7Synergy7 ]

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Warrior
Member # 2155
Profile #2
Thank you for the reply. I was wondering what was beyond that psychotic Rotghroth...

As for the Ur-Drakon, well... I've already gotten 2 Cans O' Drakon, so why not? One was purchased from the Dryak Merchant, the other was found in the Cryodryak's Hold. Something tells me the third will be somewhere extremely unpleasant, however...

--------------------
Razordisk Frisbee Golf
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Necris Omega:

I could simply resort to shaping a Drakon, but I've enough fire based damage as it is. Falling back to the Gazer is another option, but one I'm not terribly thrilled with. In any case, any advise would be welcomed.
Actually, drakons in G4 do physical damage, not fire damage. As a lifecrafter, two drakons and a gazer served me pretty well in the endgame. A drakon costs a little more essence than two drayks and has slightly lower damage output, but will survive a lot better.

[ Saturday, December 23, 2006 03:14: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #4
Yes, Drakons and Drayks *both* do physical damage.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
The last drakon canister is in Northforge Warrens and can't be reached until after you test the Unbound. There isn't much left for ur-drakons to do unless you saved the expert area.

At least cryodrayks can be gotten in chapter 3 so you can play with them for a while. If Jared has left, then you need to unlock the right door in Rebel Camp Aziraph to get to the canister.