Dealing with Mystithus - Spoilers

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Dealing with Mystithus - Spoilers
Apprentice
Member # 7803
Profile #0
I've been having trouble dealing with Mystie. I know that when he takes enough damage, he does his split-thing. However, once I get one image established as a false image, the others still take virtually no damage from my attacks, even though a new one is supposed to then take full damage.

What should I do?

-Matt
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #1
Mystithus seems a bit buggy. I believe you need to take the true image down to 1 HP, at which point it will either die or not die (there's the buggy part). Either way, you can switch your attacks to the next image. You may need to wait one turn in between bringing one image down to 1 HP and attacking the next one, though.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
I think you can only detect one false image a round. I tend to get a lucky and usually find the next one by the second attack in a round so I don't take as much damage. Try to go after ones that are close together so you can use spray crystals as the first attack in a round since icy crystals have no effect.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #3
I'm pretty sure that each image has a different vulnerability ... the first one seemed to be vulnerable to ice damage, others after were different.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00