Greta bug in Fens

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Greta bug in Fens
Warrior
Member # 3327
Profile #0
I noticed that the game assumes that you pay a visit to Greta in the rebel camp after you've killed Monarch but before you go into Burkwood.

In my game, I killed Monarch, got to get out of the Fens and Litalia was telling me that Greta's been kidnapped by the drakons.

However, when I went back to the rebel camp in the swamp in order to sell more swamp herbs, Greta was still there.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #1
How did you get into Burwood Province? Were you helping the Shapers in Gamma Camp? Did you use the exitzone cheat to go north from Aziraph Rebel Camp? If the latter, it would be best to restore a game before you go to Burwood. Do you still have the option to tell Greta in Aziraph about Monarch? Maybe you can wrap up Chapter Two without having to go back simply by finishing with Greta in Aziraph properly. If you no longer have the dialog options, you're hosed.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Warrior
Member # 3327
Profile #2
I was helping both the Shapers and the rebels, only I left the Fens without talking to Greta. No cheats involved. When I came back, I did get the dialogue options when I spoke to Greta.

Just seems strange that she would be in the camp when the drakons are supposed to have kidnapped her.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #3
Did you give the papers to the Shapers?

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 3327
Profile #4
Yes I did.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #5
Heh, looks like you found a bug.

I caused something similar in beta when I killed a bunch of Shapers who weren't supposed to be killable, and then they showed up again later, apparently resurrected for the plot. I believe Jeff fixed that one satisfactorily though.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Warrior
Member # 3327
Profile #6
I was poking around with the logic used in the scripts...
what happens to Alwan if you never get the pass from him in Rivergate Keep (ie you don't choose the right dialogue options or worse still your reputation is too pro-Rebel)?

If you meet him in Burwood for the end-game, is he still at Rivergate Keep if you go back?
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #7
The Greta in the rebel camp bug should be fixed in the next update.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by blackjack:

I was poking around with the logic used in the scripts...
what happens to Alwan if you never get the pass from him in Rivergate Keep (ie you don't choose the right dialogue options or worse still your reputation is too pro-Rebel)?

If you meet him in Burwood for the end-game, is he still at Rivergate Keep if you go back?

This actually happened to me -- my reputation was too far toward the rebel end of the spectrum to get Alwan's quests without betraying the safehouse or the rebel or Trakovite agents, which I didn't want to do for RP reasons. When I went back to Rivergate Keep looking for cake in the endgame, Alwan wasn't there. So that part at least is working correctly.

[ Friday, December 22, 2006 15:59: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #9
You should see Alwan in the Poryphra Ruins if you go there before entering the Grayghost Mountains. However unless you have a strong pro-Shaper reputation you probably will be attacked on sight.