How many charms do you carry around?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: How many charms do you carry around?
Apprentice
Member # 5672
Profile #0
With a total of 14 charms by the end of the game, tinker's gloves and tinker's bauble to raise the mechanics skill (and of course there are a couple of other items which do that as well), and, maybe, some infiltrator stuff to boost stealth and leadership, the inventory (36 slots) is already more than half-full. Add a wand, a favourite thorn baton, some gems, and, most importantly, some potions and spores (yes, there are 4 additional quick use slots) and only about 10 slots are remaining. Don't forget a second set of necklaces and rings providing extra protections against different elements. And of course ingredients to craft and augment things. Ah, yes, the swamp herbs, research books and nodules for gathering quests... - no free slots left. So, where to store all the stuff which you want to sell to get money to buy whatever-you-wish-to-buy?

Of course, I am over-exaggerating, and by the time you have all 14 charms the game is almost over, but... does everyone really carry around all the charms or only the better ones?
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
I tend to hold on to them, although I'm willing to bet a few of the earlier ones had outlived their purpose by Chapter 4.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #2
-X- keeps every charm he can get his hands on. He just can't shake the feeling that he will drastically need every last one of them by the end of the game.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
I keep them all, but some of the less useful ones get put into permanent storage. I'm also perfectly happy to dump a few charms here and there while clearing an area, pick up loot, return to a town to sell it, and then retrace my steps and retrieve my charms.

—Alorael, who would rather waste time looking for his Wisdom Skein than going back and forth between towns. It's a personal choice.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #4
Although I greatly appreciate the new encumbrance system, I have to admit that I've taken to not dealing with a full backpack. If I'm full of stuff I'm intending to sell, I just count out 400 gold worth, drop it, and use iampoor. I rarely need to do this, but I hate slogging through areas repeatedly just for a few extra gp.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 7663
Profile Homepage #5
Hold on... Doesn't iampoor give you 500 gold? ;) typo, right?

--------------------
never say anything bad about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. But after that, he's a mile away, you've got his shoes, and you can say whatever you want.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
I carry all the charms, infiltrator items, tinker items, and a stealth boots plus a few swap items like captain' shiv. Then there are a set of pods/spores for quick healing, etc. The rest I store at Southforge Citadel at the start and later the north end of the Eastern Rise. I used to use other places just to keep things neat.

I do tend to sweep areas for every last item that can be sold. I now tend to sell most items that I will never use just to have the money and keep the areas neater.