Spells you should have for all classes

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Spells you should have for all classes
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #0
This is a quick list of the spells that any class should get during the game to be effective:

Mental magic - daze, terror, essence shackles, strong daze, charm, mass madness
Blessing magic - blessing, protection, essence shield, spine shield, mass energize (it's faster), steel skin, essence armor, elemental cloak
Healing craft - minor healing, cure affliction, heal, major heal

I think I've used these spells in every game and can get by without the other ones.

This needs a maximum level of mental magic of 9, blessing magic of 8 (+4 from captain's shiv and boots), and healing craft of 7.

[ Wednesday, December 06, 2006 00:16: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #1
I can't believe mass madness is a necessity; I never cast it in g2/g3. Strong daze is adequate, surely. And I assume madness gems still exist?

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #2
A lot of the higher level creations in this game now resist strong daze or only stay dazed for a turn or two.

Madness charms, dazes, and causes all kinds of panic.

Face a SWARM of wingbolts with and without Mass Madness and then get back to me.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
Another advantage to mass madness is that it automatically slows all shapers that are normally immune to mental effect spells. When facing 4 or more creations and a shaper type you are bound to gain a few new allies and weaken your opponents.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #4
Well, I've now played the game and I still say mass madness is not necessary for all classes. My lifecrafter would laugh at the thought of needing high level spells like this.

[ Saturday, March 03, 2007 14:54: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #5
Yes, I don't think neither that this spells are a must for every class. Mass madness as example requires just too much energy and essence, with the infiltrator works great, but a warrior could never use this!! Well he may, but it will be very difficult, maybe using items, but why don't using item that enhance combat skills in such case?

Well blessing magic is always good, but not tall classes would like to use battle roar maybe, in fact I prefer mass energize instead of BR in most cases.

I think that the spells that is necessary for every class is: INFERNO!!! :P
Apprentice
Member # 3828
Profile #6
I would add essence orbs and wrack to that list. Essence orbs because its useful for those that don't have a lot of magical attack power and its multi-target but not exceptionally draining, wrack because lowering an attackers resistences is exceptionally useful, particularly if you are a heavy non-physical attacker.

--------------------
Morbo is pleased but sticky...