Where are the challgenge areas?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Where are the challgenge areas?
Apprentice
Member # 7663
Profile Homepage #0
Where ARE the challgenge areas? I've been searching forever... is the breeding pits one? If it is, its not a very good one. I've heard talk of the Titans Hall, which seems like an ending area... where is that?

--------------------
never say anything bad about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. But after that, he's a mile away, you've got his shoes, and you can say whatever you want.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #1
In the Cave where U fight shper Monarch. Behind a BLACK DOOR.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Apprentice
Member # 7663
Profile Homepage #2
Thanks. I was wondering what that was...

--------------------
never say anything bad about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. But after that, he's a mile away, you've got his shoes, and you can say whatever you want.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #3
No, the breeding pits is not terribly difficult, if you take it carefully.

Dig up Matala, in the Western Morass, to the north. Or attack the drakons in Greyghost Gates.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
Go tick off the drakons in Khima-Uss by stealing the Drakon specification from Quessa-Uss or steal from the cryodrayks in Gesselin Freehold. It's possible to clear out Poryphra Ruins and the Western Morass which were supposed to be impossible challenges.

The expert area behind Monarch's Black Door is a lot easier than Jeff thinks it is.

Too bad you can't play the older betas. Northforge Warrens as a Rebel trying to take out the Shaper infiltrators is a challenge because of the time element to complete the battle before you get killed by malfunctioning machinery.
Apprentice
Member # 7663
Profile Homepage #5
Gah!!!!! I was just digging around in the Titan's Hall and now I'm stuck!! As a servile, I went in head first into the energy field guarding it, my buffs protecting me, and I was badly hurt, but still alive. Now I'm STUCK INSIDE!! 'cause when i go out, the field frys me to a crisp before I can buff myself up to defend against it! What's worse is I saved after killing the titan, and the autosave is of me going out of the hall! What do I do? Is this game scrapped?

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
Go into combat mode as soon as you reload to give yourself a little more time to deal with the situation. If that fails, use the exitzone cheat.

[ Sunday, December 03, 2006 18:58: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #7
Worst case, hit shift-d and type exitzone, you will end up back at the Southforge.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 7663
Profile Homepage #8
thanks! Exitzone worked, gotta remember that one.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #9
Go pick a fight with Drosstro in Khima-Uss. The fight that ensues will give you a run for your money, especially if you're one of those solo characters or with few creations.

What Drosstro drops when you kill him is VERY worth the bother. It's so special, it's Forbidden.

-S-

P.S. - I agree with Random. The beta was much tougher, and the game feels gutted to me. I play on Torment, and everything feels too easy still. Circle of the Drayk used to be a nasty challenge because the mad serviles had poison batons, for instance.

[ Sunday, December 03, 2006 21:08: Message edited by: Synergy67 ]

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #10
First time I faced a servile with a venom baton I thought Slarty's going to love that the damage is back. The old betas had some nasty areas like North Illya Woods where you were in fight mode from the start facing swarms of vlish. Jeff toned down most of the game and I'm still looking for where he made it harder.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #11
Jeff claims to have made fighting the Shapers in either Poryphyra Ruin or Northforge Warrens tougher, but I can't tell much difference, unless it's that the pylons in the latter area are even more damaging. Both can still be cleared out before ever facing the final confrontation.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #12
Yeah, seems a lot of things got nerfed.

The Northforge Warrens thing is not so bad with a singleton, if you take out the supporting troops first by luring them away. Then when you come back to take on Alwan, charge straight in to the back corner of the little alcove he stands in. The machines can't reach you there.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00