Question - PC-to-Mac conversion

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Question - PC-to-Mac conversion
Apprentice
Member # 11766
Profile #0
Hi guys,
I've enjoyed playing the Avernum IV demo on my old PC. I'd like to download the game on my new MacBook, and my question is: is there any way I can transfer the saved games and the player files from my old PC, or will I need to "start all over again"?

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Save files don't transfer. I'm afraid you'll have to start from scratch.

—Alorael, who really wonders why that is. From a totally computer-naive perspective it seems like using the same format would be easier than inventing a new one.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Judging from the problems with converting in game saves from Mac OS 9 to OS X for Blades of Exile, there are differences in the way information is saved in the number of bits used in each operating system for a few pieces of information. These hidden zeroes cause values to change even though the information is stored in the same order.
Apprentice
Member # 11693
Profile #3
So are you saying that the saves files are the 4 byte file named temp in each sav01 to sav19 folder?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
The folders themselves are the saves, and if you only have the temp file then they're still emtpy slots.

—Alorael, who thinks you must somehow be looking at the wrong folder of folders.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00