Hmmm, Trainer No Worky

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Hmmm, Trainer No Worky
Apprentice
Member # 11663
Profile #0
Just finished the game for the first time around (grrrrr, took forever and then I didn't want it to end) and decided I wanted to play around with the lovely-looking trainer that someone was kind enough to provide.

Alas, it did diddly-squat on my computer.

I am running v 1.0.1 and am pretty sure I followed the instructions exactly...

... please help? pretty please? with sugar? :(
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #1
Sugar won't get you anywhere here..

Bah! Trainers..they don't really train you..they just spoil you..

--------------------
Humans fight to enter insanity.
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Apprentice
Member # 11663
Profile #2
I WANNA BE SPOILED DANGIT!!!!!

(throws herself on the ground full-force and proceeds with a limb-flailing, face-reddening temper tantrum)
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #3
Jeez..make sure to save a copy of the script you're about to edit..for back-up purpose..copy the said trainer script..start the game..go to the newly-scripted NPC..be spoiled..if this fails..go back to the Fluffy Turtle Pit..

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 11663
Profile #4
I'm sorry, I was referring to the trainer that Pyro built that generates the happy little sub-window. I have never tried to write code before and am terrified of the "edit text" thingy.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #5
Sub-window? Must have miss that..don't fear the script edit thing..just make back-ups..

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 7032
Profile #6
There is no need to edit the scripts yourself.
You just need to download the already edited scripts, then replace the files with the same name in your avernum4 directory with the files you downloaded. (just be sure to save the originals)

After you've done that, you must start a new game. It doesn't work in games you saved when you still had the original scripts.

The other way around, if you save a game with the edited script, that saved game will fail to work properly if you ever change back to the original scripts.

The NPC is the cook in fort monastery.

--------------------
_ _ _____________________________ _ _
Power to (the) Mas(ses)
Warrior
Member # 3035
Profile Homepage #7
Howdy

I guess your refferring to this trainer?:

http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=000321

and you downloaded from Archmagus Micael's mirror?

Anyhoo I just tested it again using the latest version which is 1.01 (although trainer says designed for v 1.0) and it works...

Not to insult you, but you firsted started the game then started the trainer then clicked the trainers buttons so that they said "Money ON" "Skill points ON" etc... ?

Otherwise have you tried turning off you antivirus or adding the trainer to the safelist? cause trainers alter the ram values associated with the game and AV's kinda think they are bad...

--------------------
Geneforge 3 Trainer for windows.
[NEWEST v.0.9 ~~ Trainer D/L Here (.zip, 103kb)
Apprentice
Member # 11663
Profile #8
Not insulted at all, Pyro - I have already admitted my ignorance when it comes to stuff like this. Seeing folk speak so casually about "edit this" and "backup that" gives me the willies.

I am technotarded.

Oh well, I guess I can't be perfect. I'll have to settle for merely ethereal.

And thanks for your help! Gonna see if I can get it to work...
Apprentice
Member # 11663
Profile #9
Hmm, still no luck. I started the game, minimized it, opened the trainer, clicked the appropriate tabs, then maximized the game again and no effect.

I left the game on the main menu when I did it - is that my boo-boo? Do I actually need to be in an active game?
Warrior
Member # 3035
Profile Homepage #10
hmmm i you sure its not working?

have you tried to buy an item or sell an item? sometimes it just dosen't show immediatly so try loading a saved game turn the trainer on then go buy or sell something coins should then turn to 9999

or start a new game and turn on trainer then goto the "train" button and try adding a skill point it should set skill points to 99...

if not then i'm not really sure what could have happened...sorry...

you can use a script if the trainer dosent work, just download the files (unzip if needed) then c&p those file over the file in your directory (best to make a backup copy of the directory first) all the files should overwrite your existing files, so your be propmted if you want to overwrite, if your not propmted then its the wrong dir your trying to paste to...

--------------------
Geneforge 3 Trainer for windows.
[NEWEST v.0.9 ~~ Trainer D/L Here (.zip, 103kb)