Newbie question.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Newbie question.
Warrior
Member # 6322
Profile #0
I just started Avernum 4, and I have played all the previous games. Just a few quick questions.

Am I right that you have unlimited arrows now?

Am I right that you could train anywhere in town now?

Am I right that you only heal/regain spell points when you step into town or use potions/spells?

Is there a delay/wait button in combat or has it been removed?

Overall, I do like the change to the geneforge engine. Thanks ahead of time!
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #1
quote:
Originally written by shadow9d9:

Am I right that you have unlimited arrows now?
Yes. Thrown missiles are still limited, though.

quote:
Am I right that you could train anywhere in town now?
Yes. I'm not sure, but I think you can train pretty much anywhere.

quote:
Am I right that you only heal/regain spell points when you step into town or use potions/spells?
No. If you put points into the First Aid Skill, each character will regain a few HP/SP after every fight. The amount is determined by the number of monsters you kill during the fight and the total amount of First Aid in your party (not counting dead characters). However, certain manufactured or summoned monsters will not count towards how much you regenerate, no matter how many you kill.

Additionally, there are certain special encounters that can heal you and regenerate your SP.

quote:
Is there a delay/wait button in combat or has it been removed?
It has been removed.

[ Wednesday, October 24, 2007 10:16: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaEl PresidenteWhere the Rivers MeetA Visit to the Madhouse
AvatarAphobiaIMAGINE THIS SCENARIO
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
You can train anywhere. It's also worth noting that stepping through a town's gate (or a number of other instant recharge spots) sets your health and energy at their maximums and clears things like poison, blessing, and so on. That means that there are a few times when "recharging" can actually be bad for you.

—Alorael, who really wonders how long it will be before someone discovers the mystical properties of gates and starts charging admission to the dying.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6322
Profile #3
Great, thanks for the help.