Breaking down stacks of stackable items

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Breaking down stacks of stackable items
Apprentice
Member # 10811
Profile #0
Hi, all.

I'm dreadfully sorry if this question has already been asked and answered ad nauseum. I tried using the search function on the archives over at ermarian.net, but didn't have much luck with it.

I'm playing the A4 demo on Windows right now, and I'm wondering if there's any way to manipulate only 1 of a stack of items. I hope that's clear? If, for example, one of my characters has 3 stacked potions in his inventory, and I want him to give only one of those potions to another character, how do I do that?

In A2-3, holding down the Ctrl key when dropping or picking up a stack of stackables prompted the game to give you the option to specify how many of said stackable you wanted to manipulate. If there's a way to do that in A4, though, I can't seem to figure out what it is, and it's sort of driving me crazy. (I have a penchant for maintaining obsessive little caches of neatly stacked stackables in these games, you see...)

Any advice? I'm sure it's something painfully obvious, but the answer...it eludes me.

- VA
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
I had to check. A4 and Nethergate: Resurrection switched from CTRL and click with the mouse to using Shift and click with the mouse to get a box where you are asked the number you want to move.
Apprentice
Member # 10811
Profile #2
Brilliant. Thank you so much!