Where is the key ?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Where is the key ?
Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #0
I don't find the key of the door beside the butcher shop :confused:

IMAGE(http://missbug.free.fr/perso212/image_6.jpg)
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #1
You don't find it for a long time, you will be sent to that door in another quest later in the game.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #2
thank you
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #3
Here is a hint, Mimi, and I give it because this was the one quest I missed entirely my first game. Be sure to watch carefully for bodies on the ground out in the open down south in the Eastern Gallery, and be sure to check them. Doing so is related to eventually getting in that door.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
The thing that's even more likely to cause problems is remembering names. Don't forget that Giscard is the rich snob who lives southwest of Formello.

—Alorael, who doesn't even remember if there's a key. It's possible that the door inexplicably unlocks when you're sent to it.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
My special items list has an item called "Giscard's Key", so it would appear that a key does indeed exist. :P

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Delicious Vlish:

You don't find it for a long time, you will be sent to that door in another quest later in the game.
Hello,
For this quest, I have to find bottles of gremlin wine for the gremlin and I found 2 at the upstairs but the gremlin says that it's not enough and I don't find others bottles :(
Do you know where are there ?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
Apart from the ones upstairs in Giscard's storehouse, there are a couple of bottles in Giscard's house as well, if you haven't looted it already. Also, wine sellers sell Gremlin Wine; there's one southeast of Formello, one in the Great Cave near Almaria, and a couple in other places.

Or you can just kill the gremlin. That counts as successfully completing the quest too.

[ Tuesday, January 03, 2006 15:04: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #8
thank you very much :)
Apprentice
Member # 2115
Profile #9
There is more gremlin wine in the game then one could ever imagine drinking. Its totally possible to find enough wine to sate the gremlin's palate, it only takes 4 bottles
Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #10
I had to kill this poor gremlin because I didn't find wine gremlin in the inn at the southeast of formello, neither in the house of Giscard (may be I have sold yet them, I don't remember). Giscard gave me the reward, it's the principal. ;)
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #11
quote:
Giscard gave me the reward, it's the principal.
Heh, some of us might find this "misspelling" amusingly appropriate under the circumstances. Mimi the Mercenary has a nice ring to it, do you think?

[ Wednesday, January 04, 2006 06:36: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

quote:
Giscard gave me the reward, it's the principal.
Heh, some of us might find this "misspelling" amusingly appropriate under the circumstances. Mimi the Mercenary has a nice ring to it, do you think?

Why misspelling ? "principal" is not the good word ? sorry but I don't understand your remark :eek:
I said "principal" to say it's the most important
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #13
I'm just teasing, because you made a pun. Principal is your money in the bank before interest is applied to it. Principle is the word you meant, where "it's the principle that counts." But in your case, because you got paid, you also got the "principal."

OK, I thought it was funny, because your pun wasn't intentional, but I never said I wasn't alone in my being amused by it. :P

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #14
In case Synergy wasn't clear enough: principal can mean both the most important thing (and often the most important person) and, in monetary terms, a sum given in investment.
The word he believes you meant to use is principle, which is "a fundamental truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief." So in this case, it's a guiding moral belief.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #15
In addition to its other meanings, a principal is also a formal, semi-legalese term for an employer. So Giscard can be seen as the principal in your agreement to get rid of the goblin in exchange for a reward, or principal, which he pays upon completion of the task because he holds to his business principles.

—Alorael, who can assure Synergy that there is no lone pun appreciation on Spiderweb.
Apprentice
Member # 6559
Profile #16
This board's subtle and creative sense of pun makes me feel very mundane pointing this out, but "it's the principal" is just a mistranslation of the French expression "C'est le principal".

A philistine.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #17
If I'm translating that right, and I speak no French, that would be "that's the main thing" "or that's the important thing," which means it should be principal, not principle, and the sentence was exactly right as written.

Actually, that makes it an even better pun, because "it's the principle of the thing" is an English expression about what's important, only it's supposed to be moral principles instead of money.

[Edit: Okay, my translation was rough, but it should at least adhere to standard syntax in some language!]

—Alorael, who killed it by explanation. It really is funny, though, and everyone involved is probably getting sent to the special level of hell reserved for those who torture words.

[ Thursday, January 05, 2006 21:48: Message edited by: If Alorael and not Alorael... ]
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #18
It's not torture, Alorael, it's beautiful love-making.

Now, where did I put that apostrophe? Oh, oh my!

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00