Bug/oddity (possible spoilers for Spire)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Bug/oddity (possible spoilers for Spire)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #0
When talking to Queen Annatolia after getting Crewl's mission to assassinate her, you get a conversation option to tell Annatolia that you're there to kill her. If this conversation option is selected, the whole town of Spire goes hostile. On the other hand, if you just initiate your assassination attempt by whacking her with a sword, only she and her guards go hostile and the rest of the town stays friendly.

Just a little peculiarity (with fairly significant consequences) that I thought I'd mention.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #1
I figure the game is doing its best to implement the idea that if you betray Annatolia while she is still in power, her whole town has to follow her lead, but if you do succeed in killing her, most folks don't actually mind. Too bad it can't turn off town hostility after the Queen dies. Or could it?

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
The engine is certainly capable of making a large number of hostiles go friendly all at once -- remember the slime-feeding quest, for example?

I'm not entirely sure why it doesn't in this case. Maybe the intended behaviour is for Spire to go hostile and stay that way regardless of exactly how you assassinate Annatolia. Maybe not. But the way it actually works at the moment is just strange.

--------------------
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #3
Probably should report it. Would be nice if the town went back to friendly after she died (well, except for her guards at least).

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
Huh. This is an interesting change from the beta when the conversation option just made the conversation end with nobody hostile and attacking made all of Spire hostile.

—Alorael, who can't explain the reasoning for either the old way or the new one.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #5
Bargha doesn't go 100% hostile if you kill the Warmaster, but on the other hand, that's probably because there's some vital services there that aren't in Spire, including the pylon.

PS- Am I the only one who thought the "war between two cities" thing was FAR too poorly executed?

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
Bug report sent to SW. It's not a showstopper either way, since Spire isn't really that important, but I figured I may as well bring it to Jeff's attention.

--------------------