Keeping Track of Items

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Keeping Track of Items
Apprentice
Member # 8511
Profile #0
Say I'm going into battle and I know that I want to get all items with a cold resistance. Or with a poison resistance. Right now, I'm just sifting through items one by one.

I've been thinking of putting items into a database or something, but thought I'd ask people here if they have the same problem and how they deal with it.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
Most of us don't shift items that much during battle. You try to get the best items for a general situation and minimize swapping. Besides you still have to watch your weight for encumberance.

What I carry with are the potions, wands, and scrolls for extra spell power. I have them for the major fights.

Edit - there used to be an item database at the top of the forum, but the link needs to be fixed since the account is gone.

[ Sunday, April 15, 2007 23:14: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Warrior
Member # 7032
Profile #2
To the OP: The biggest resistance comes from armor.
Example, a suit armor with AC 30 will also add 15% resist fire/cold/energy, just from its AC. So most items with magical properties that increase resistance can be discarded of once you have decent armor.

As for that file that lists items, I've downloaded it to my HD (v 0.9) If the original author has somehow lost his file, and wands it back, I could upload it...

I mean, I remember reading somewhere he said he lost it...

--------------------
_ _ _____________________________ _ _
Power to (the) Mas(ses)
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Edit - there used to be an item database at the top of the forum, but the link needs to be fixed since the account is gone.
Hunh. If anybody can tell me where that list went, I'll get on fixing it.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
Slarty made the list but used his university account to post it. Since he graduated, they probably closed it out.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #5
I graduated in 05, actually; they kept the account around for a year. I indeed do not have the original file anymore.

SevenMass, if you want to post it somewhere else, you have my blessing.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7032
Profile #6
Well, here it is: av4items.htm
Unaltered.

It could use an update, adding some more item locations etc.

Or maybe someone can make a new file, using the data from this file as a basis to start from.

I won't promise it will stay up for long. (though it may very well stay up for long)

--------------------
_ _ _____________________________ _ _
Power to (the) Mas(ses)