Kit Points

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Kit Points
Apprentice
Member # 3428
Profile Homepage #0
I've never stopped to consider it... but do the points added from "kits" contribute to the two points that you can learn from a trainer? [I've never experimented... though, I'm going with the assumption that it does.] all of the kits give more points than custom [some more than others], and some of them look like they fit the builds I want to use for some of my characters.

Oh yeah, on a side note... does anyone know, or suppose when the effective cap on party luck is? [10pts, 20 pts, 30 pts, 40 pts]

[ Monday, October 23, 2006 19:58: Message edited by: Ezrah, Kitty of Wonder. ]

--------------------
HIHI!!!! *hugs indescriminantly* take that, FEEL THE LOVE!!!!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Skills from classes are treated identically to skills from training. You can't buy more from trainers, skill point costs for raising the skill higher increase, and so on. The advantage of classes it that you get more points, and the disadvantage is that some of them are spent in mind-boggling useless ways. Some of the classes are good, some are terrible, and some are mediocre.

—Alorael, who tends to use Berserker occasionally and not really anything else. In particular there's no class that matches his favorite mage-priest design.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 3428
Profile Homepage #2
I suppose on some of the classes, the extra points could be considered equivalent to training [if they're in areas you'd train in], or of no consequence [ie, untrainable], since the point of training is to free up points by spending money instead... I'd just have to think about my maximize in terms of points saved due to training, versus points saved due to kits.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
I find that the availability of trainers is a bigger limit on training than the availability of cash. I know a lot of people recommend waiting until Camp Samuels to train in Bows and Sharpshooter, but honestly, what's the point? Given that the Eastern Gallery is the toughest part of the game, going through it without bow skills for the sake of a couple of skill points saved later on seems kinda dumb.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
I doubt it's actually all that hard to rush past most of the Eastern Gallery, get to Fort Samuels, train, and then head back.

—Alorael, who played bowless and very nearly First Aid-less through the Eastern Gallery. He was very heavily mage dependent and doesn't think his thought process was all that good, but it's doable.
Apprentice
Member # 3428
Profile Homepage #5
When I run an optimize I do that kind of stuff... more extreme stuff too O.o In the geneforge games, I ran past or killed all of the monsters I could, stole all the money and items I could, and went straight for the end game trainer... O.o after I got the hang of it, without a stich of cheating :P I was able to train most of the skills before investing any of the skillpoints I'd earned from leveling... I'm going to try to do the same thing in A4 [I'm going to invest a few to get the untrainable skills and stats up to the levels I want them at, but none other than that.]

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #6
Actually, it's easy to play bowless even with dedicated archers. Divinely Touched Nephils will get more than adequate skill in Bows and Sharpshooter naturally, with zero investment.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Thahd Lemonade:

Actually, it's easy to play bowless even with dedicated archers.
Took me a second to read this correctly... I just envisioned a nephil running around miming a bow. :P

I've never understood the whole "save training until after you find every trainer" thing, personally. I've always thought that they're only in the game to give you that last push when you're stuck on one fight, not to buff you to insane levels right off the bat.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
They're there to buff you to slightly less than normally sane levels about a third of the way through the game.

—Alorael, who cannot help his obsessive-compulsive gaming habits. Playing with scrupulous optimization does not make playing any more fun except in those horrendously difficult games in which optimal is barely adequate.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #9
Yes... what Alorael said.

I think I might as well be Red Mage himself.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00