Crossbows

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Crossbows
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #25
Um, roll over?

Anyway, even if chainmail was not the most effective armor in the world, I'm sure you'd rather wear it in a combat setting than having only leather. And you really shouldn't let the spear come in direct contact with your chest or stomach either.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #26
Armor wasn't actually that heavy and the weight was distributed well. Armored men were no more interested in dying of immobility than anyone else.

Besides, with a large enough visor and a shallow enough puddle you could keep your mouth clear of the water even when stuck face-down in the mud.

—Alorael, who imagines that knights probably could and did suffer nasty bruises from falling over, though. Getting wet would just be one more indignity.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #27
I doubt there are any real records of knights drowning in puddles besides the sickened and drunk ones. After all, I couldn't possibly conceive of someone being effective in a fight to the death if they could not get back up after tripping over.

Sadly, though, very young toddlers sometimes drown to death after slipping into shallow puddles because they're arms are not strong enough to perform a push-up. It's a rare but tragic way to die.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.

Pages