Installing the A4 Editor?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Installing the A4 Editor?
Apprentice
Member # 7540
Profile #0
Hi all,

I'm terribly sorry to ask, but I'm not all that computer savy beyond basic applications. I was just wondering how do you go about installing King's A4 Editor and backing up save files and all that jazz?

thanks for any help!
Warrior
Member # 7032
Profile #1
Yn your avernum directory, there is a directory called "Avernum 4 Files" inside there is a directory called "Scripts" inside that you will find a file with the exact same name as the file you can extract from the ZIP archive. back up that file by dragging it to a safe directory (where you can't mix the 2 files up) then place the file from the ZIP archive in its place.

Note that it only works for new games.
Saved games that you started with the original version of the file will err if you try to play them with Hawk Kings version.

To be safe, you can also back up the entire A4 directory by just making a copy of it and place it somewhere save.
Then just drop the file from the ZIP archive into the scripts directory and your system software will tell you a file with the same name already exist and ask you if you want to replace the existing file with the newer one, say yes.

Talk to the cook in Fort Monastery (she is in the same room as Fillip) and you will see she has an altered dialog.
Its not really an editor as you may know from other games, its a kind of "quick and dirty" but its better than nothing at least.

--------------------
_ _ _____________________________ _ _
Power to (the) Mas(ses)
Warrior
Member # 7213
Profile Homepage #2
Why don't you try looking here:

http://www.freewebs.com/microphage/

--------------------
Aide: (tugging at General's pant leg from ground..) "Sir! Please get down!"
General: "What!?! They couldn't hit a Giant from that dist..."