Can't raise Riposte?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Can't raise Riposte?
Warrior
Member # 2902
Profile #0
I have no clue why I can't enhance my skill in Riposte. I have Blademaster 9 and Parry 9 without being enhanced by items. And nothing wearing to enhance Riposte. Are there more requirements to it or do I need to find a trainer for the first level of the skill? Or can it only be raised with items?

Any help appreciated,
thanks
Abraxx

--------------------
* Knowledge is Might *
BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #1
I'm probably wrong, but i think you have to a a item enchantment.

--------------------
Don't be a noob, PLAY RUNESCAPE

-SO i can pwn you-add me
or if your smart
-Save yourself and let them suffer
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Small Fry:

I'm probably wrong, but i think you have to a a item enchantment.
I'm guessing that this was a typo, so let me clarify what I think he said.

You've probably got an item that raises your Blademaster and/or Parry to that level, and you have to meet the minimum level without item bonuses. Remove those items, and gauge how far you have to go still.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Warrior
Member # 2902
Profile #3
Well, as I wrote already, I don't have any items on this character which enhance Blademaster or Parry. Hey, I tried raising skills several times now with the character being naked :)
So, no, there must be another reason :(

--------------------
* Knowledge is Might *
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
One thing that might be the problem is that you have to raise your skills to the necessary levels for Riposte and then accept the changes and close the training window before you are able to train in Riposte.

—Alorael, who thinks that was chosen as the easiest way to prevent people from raising Parry and Blademaster, adding Riposte, and then lowering Parry and Blademaster back to their original levels.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
The Elite Warrior and Divinely Touched traits raise your Blademaster skill. Just like item bonuses, these bonuses don't count toward the prerequisites for Riposte.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 2902
Profile #6
Thuryl, thanks,
the Elite Warrior trait could explain it. Have to see what happens after leveling more in Blademaster then... :D

[ Friday, September 15, 2006 20:47: Message edited by: Abraxx ]

--------------------
* Knowledge is Might *
Apprentice
Member # 7581
Profile #7
Hello Chaps and Chapettes,

I have recently bought the game and just finished it (woot) and was wondering about this exact same thing myself.

The special skills that you can learn but cannot train in from the beginning, like Parry, magery and Riposte, have minimum requirements to allow you to "unlock" their training. The thing is that I don't know what these requirements are and upon doing a search for this, I can't find a list or post that shows this info. Can anyone actually point me towards a link?

The kind soul who provides will get a picture of fish or something.

Thanks

--------------------
Moral outrage is the recourse of those who have no argument.

- Voltaire
Apprentice
Member # 7581
Profile #8
Please ignore everything I just said in the post above: I am officially a plonker and a sad day has dawned as pictures of fish will not need to be provided.

I know that I could have edited the post but I feel that unless everyone points and laughs at how stupid I am not to look in the very place that you are told to look if you have any questions, the Avernum 4 walkthrough, then I shall never learn.

I await any intelligent, scathing yet witty responses with understanding and acceptance.

--------------------
Moral outrage is the recourse of those who have no argument.

- Voltaire
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
Far be it from me to make you feel more of an oaf than you already do, but editing rather than double posting is considered good etiquette around these parts, especially when there's such a short time between the two posts. No harm done, of course; just something to keep in mind.

[ Sunday, October 22, 2006 06:18: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!