Black shades

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Black shades
Apprentice
Member # 7478
Profile #0
There are those black shades of ice, venom and so on. Are these things even possible to kill? I have tried so many times so many ways but they keep healing back to full no matter what I do. Getting really frustrated here... hoping anyone got any good advice.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
Unless someone tells you how to kill them or expects you to, don't try. Wait until later in the game.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
You'll get two sets of quests, actually. First you'll have to fight but not defeat the shades. Later you'll get more information and equipment for shade hunting.

—Alorael, who thinks the big hint is the fact that even when the shades have no health they still stay alive and regenerate by script.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
Just make sure when you fight them in the early part of the game the shades don't wander off and kill some one in the cities. Some people have found that they can't get quest rewards later on because say the Mayor in Silvar got killed when you fled.
Apprentice
Member # 7478
Profile #4
I was hoping I could avoid them but I realized (I guess) when I entered Almaria there was no sneaking past. Playing the game from start now, thank you for the tips, I will make sure to remember them :)
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #5
I'm pretty sure you can sneak past the one in Almaria - stick to the north and go down into the sewers.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
Picking fights with shades isn't a problem as long as you can run away and not get any important NPCs killed.

—Alorael, who does not like Almaria or its shade. That Houghton-box-Almaria bug is a pain.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00