Avernum 4 Plot (possible spoilers)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum 4 Plot (possible spoilers)
Apprentice
Member # 5909
Profile #0
I never really got into Avernum 4 like I did with avernum 1-3 and as a result i didn't finish the game. I am interested as to where the storyline went so could someone please post a plot summary for me. Thanks a lot.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Rentar-Ihrno and her merry band are behind the shades, the sea monsters, and just about everything else. You defeat her in her stronghold west of Fort Remote, but she flees. You get to chase her into the Abyss and kill her again!

—Alorael, who would say that sounds terrible except it's more or less the same plot as A3's. It's not the plot outline that's problematic per se despite all the griping.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #2
There are also a couple of fights with these guys called the Darkside Loyalists, who seem to be some anti-Avernum splinter faction of the Empire.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #3
You forgot the part that I found most intriguing: the Darkside Loyalists. A faction that believes the Empire has grown weak and that wishes to restore it to its former glory. Yes, yes, most... intriguing.

Edit: Blast. Two minutes too slow.

[ Friday, September 01, 2006 22:35: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Apprentice
Member # 5909
Profile #4
I heard something about Hawthorne being back and Gazarhad (probably spelled that wrong). How do they tie into the story?
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #5
I am fairly certain Hawthorne does not come back, though the Darkside Loyalists do follow his teachings. Poor Garzahd, on the other hand, does. Rentar-Ihrno found his body at Grah-Hoth's/Garzahd's/Renter's new fortress. She remembered how it was he that stole the crystal souls in the first place and thus she wanted him to suffer much more rather than rest in peace. She brought him back, and when you meet him, he is in a constant state of anguish and he begs you to kill him again. Whether you want to or not, you do, and he "explodes in a comical spray of bones, rags, and dust."

There are other old characters that make return appearances as well. There is much more than what has already been said. You really should play the whole game, I think you'd enjoy it.

--------------------
You lose.