Magic Lore

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Magic Lore
Apprentice
Member # 6582
Profile #0
I hope I'm not repeating a previous topic. Can anyone tell me what attributes increases Magic Lore, and what is a good minimum requirement. I keep seeing spellbooks I can't read, or understand. Thanks in advance.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #1
Welcome to the boards, BlueMyst. Leave your sanity at the door, and may your karma remain ever high. Now in the case of AV1 I'd say 8 is a good average, for the other games I'd go with 5.

--------------------
Pass the sauerkraut and chips please.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #2
For most of the game, it is best to distribute about 2 arcane lore points between all of the characters since the trait is cumulative over your party. Near the end of the game, I believe the most you will need is 16-18 total. Hope this helps.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Also, there are a few things you just plain can't understand no matter how high your Arcane Lore is. If you can't understand it with 20 Arcane Lore spread throughout your party, chances are it's not meant to be understood.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #4
If there is the Easter Egg door with what, 38 tool use did I read.. whats to say there isnt some 30 Arcane Lore req'd EE spell, political joke to be read, or soemthing similar?

(just a thought.)

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
The 35-tool-use door isn't an easter egg -- it's in plain sight. It's just opening it that's the hard part.

(There are also 40-tool-use doors on either side of it, which are fortunately opened for you on completion of quests.)

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #6
Arcane Lore of 5-6 is needed in the Formello area. AL of 8-9 is good for most things in the Eastern Gallery. AL of 12 is required to read the Spellbook under Fort Avernum, so these should be a gauge for how much you want to bump yours up as you go.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt