Rentar's lair (spoilers)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Rentar's lair (spoilers)
Apprentice
Member # 7185
Profile #0
I've smashed every control panel for the golem makers, but still they keep coming.

Is there any way to completely stop them? I've got to the entrance of Rentar's room a couple of times, killed the lich outside and everything, but i've never been healthy enough to take her on due to contant sapping from golems as i walk there.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
You probably missed a panel.

The golems really shouldn't be too tough, though; just have a fighter with high Parry hold them off.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Acid and lightning destroys them usually. I didn't have trouble with them even though I missed their panel. Just get past them since they patrol only part of the path.
Apprentice
Member # 8044
Profile #3
I'm resurrecting this thread instead of posting a new one.

Just to be perfectly clear - there are three control panels that corespond to the three sentinel generators, correct?

I've gotten to each of them and tried turning them off. The message I get is that they smoke and hiss for a while before going silent. Does that mean that I've turned them off? Or do I need some higher level of arcane lore or tool use?

In tandem with the Vahnatai Lord, the sentinels that are generated every couple of turns by the last machine are tearing me apart, and I'd really like to figure out how to make them go away.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #4
I remember having a similar problem. I smashed all the control panels, and yet the last golem generator just before Rentar's chamber kept working. No biggie, though.

--------------------
And I was all, "Uh Ted, we have a listed Intelligence score of 10, there's only so much I can do with that."
- Goblin (OotS #90)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
Tool Use is your problem; you need more of it.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
There is one control panel that required higher tool use than anything else in the game (need 16).

If you have 2 panels shut down it should be possible to get past the remaining golems. The Vahnatai Lord can't parry area effect spells.
Apprentice
Member # 8044
Profile #7
Thanks, guys.

Even after converting all of my remaining alchemical herbs into knowledge brews, I still couldn't jack up my tool use to the point where it made any difference in the sentinel panels.

The way I ended up doing it and beating the game was just to run faster than Monoaha-Tel's goons and let them hang back and mop up the golems. The Vahnatai Lord and his minions eventually fell to multiple arcane blows and the awesome power of the Heartstriker Bow. The Mindreaper Lich and his undead fell pretty quickly to the same offense.

[ Friday, February 09, 2007 04:30: Message edited by: Charm Foes ]