Is there any way to disable those quick-help things?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Is there any way to disable those quick-help things?
Apprentice
Member # 6796
Profile #0
They're seriously driving me insane. I couldn't find anything about them in the preferences. Is there a hack to a plist file or anything just to get rid of them?
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #1
Do you mean the small strings of text that appear at the bottom of the world screen? I doubt there is a way to turn them off. I do not find them very obtrusive, and you need the text down there anyway because the game uses it often, like around signs and such.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Apprentice
Member # 6796
Profile #2
No, it happened a lot when I started a new party. Every time I encountered somebody or something I hadn't seen before it would stop me, and pop open some little dialogue box. It was like a tutorial but I just wish there was a way to disable this... Not so bad any more that I've progressed a bit, I'm not really seeing them any more.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
It's a tutorial, and it only appears in the very beginning. It doesn't last long enough to be really irritating.

—Alorael, who liked being able to turn off those "help" messages in older Avernums.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00