Blades vs. Avernum 4

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Blades vs. Avernum 4
Apprentice
Member # 6799
Profile #0
Just finished Avernum 3 (I know, I know.....I'm way behind in this whole story)! Should I begin Avernum 4, or Blades next? Just want to continue the storyline in the most logical sequence.

Thanks.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
A4 continues the story of Avernum, but with an entirely different engine and playing style.

BoA scenarios go all over the history of Avernum/Empire and beyond it and have a similar engine and playing style as the Avernum Trilogy.

Download the demos and decide for yourself which one you like better.

Dikiyoba.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #2
If you are looking for chronological order as far as the game story goes, all the "official" Blades scenarios happen after A3 and before A4. However, there isn't much that's relevant plotwise, so it's no big deal.

I would suggest playing Blades first, simply because A4's engine is very different, and switching back and forth could be annoying.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Do Blades.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00