Fort Remote

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Fort Remote
BANNED
Member # 5663
Profile #0
With 1.0.3 the game crashes whenever I enter Fort Remote, with earlier versions I can go in but a message appears on the bottom of the screen reading "Talk Error: Dialogue Script Broken Or Absent" and I can't talk to anyone. I can't get any further.

--------------------
I'm drunk as think as you not am I.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Sounds like a script is missing or corrupted. Try redownloading.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
BANNED
Member # 5663
Profile #2
I downloaded A4 again and replaced the files for fort remote, but it still doesn't work properly :( could the 'Return to Start' cheat have anything to do with it?

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
You'll have to force the area to reload, which means wandering off to somewhere reasonably far away and then wandering back. Stepping through a pylon works too, as does backtostart.

—Alorael, who wouldn't know how to move shades at will without pylons.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
BANNED
Member # 5663
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Ohe, vo stetto.:

You'll have to force the area to reload, which means wandering off to somewhere reasonably far away and then wandering back. Stepping through a pylon works too, as does backtostart.

—Alorael, who wouldn't know how to move shades at will without pylons.

That's the first thing I tried and it didn't work, but I saw something similar on the Tech Support boards and a clean reinstall as JV suggested is what worked. For future ref, if anyone has problems like this the thing to do is backup your saves and uninstall A4, then reinstall it and leave the area.

[ Saturday, April 29, 2006 17:09: Message edited by: Mister Fox ]

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #5
I am almost done with the Great cave quests. I have explored up to Saffron and Fort Remote, now my question is should start in Spire and the towns in the Abyss?? or am I supposed to leave that for the end and head for Rhentar fortress first???

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Marcelo:

I am almost done with the Great cave quests. I have explored up to Saffron and Fort Remote, now my question is should start in Spire and the towns in the Abyss?? or am I supposed to leave that for the end and head for Rhentar fortress first???
You actually can't go into the Abyss until you clear out Rentar's fortress. However, you can complete the major quests in Fort Saffron first.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #7
Thank you!

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.