Learning some hard-to-get skills/spells

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Learning some hard-to-get skills/spells
Apprentice
Member # 7027
Profile #0
Aside from scattered spellbooks and occassional people who grant you a bonus point on skills (like luck and first aid), who can teach you the following spells/skills? Divine Host, Dispel Barrier, Arcane Blow, Arcane summon, Divine Restoration, Luck, Anatomy, Gymnastics, etc?

Since I am going solo, I have an abundance of money and eager to spend it on skills even ones I don't need. My procedure is typically to buy the skills/spells twice THEN use the books and people so I can get them to increase it to 3 or 4. Any teachers I might have missed? Please advise. Thanks in advance
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #1
I think the arcanes and divines are not buyable. I know that dispel barrier is not buyable. Same with luck and gymnastics. Anatomy, again, I think is unbuyable but has buyable prereqs.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
The highest level spells are at the end in Bargha in the Abyss. I listed the spellbooks in another thread. Spellbooks and training for spells are interchangeable so don't wait. They can be learned at any time and in any order. Certain spells like Augmentation, Enduring Shield, etc. don't increase with learning more levels and the duration rarely is a factor.

Gymnastics has one level as a reward in the Giant Lands past the Abyss.

The only skills to buy before training are Nature Lore, Arcane Lore and First Aid (wait until Cotra). Fort Dranlon gives an extra level in Nature Lore and First Aid as quest rewards (don't get reward before buying 2 levels - I lost a level that way).

There is a thread listing the cheapest places to buy skills. That list will give you the best indication on when to buy skills. Money for training and spells is tight until the Great Cave.

Luck and Endurance are given as quest rewards without being affected by earlier training. The wishing well in the Great Cave gives a special for 50 coins.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

The wishing well in the Great Cave gives a special for 50 coins.
Luck-dependant.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
It costs 100-10*Luck, I believe, and it gives you Parry.

—Alorael, who also always waits on Bows and Sharpshooter (and Thrown Missiles, if he were ever to use them) until they can be bought in Camp Samuels.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00