No Extra Damage?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: No Extra Damage?
Apprentice
Member # 6978
Profile #0
I just got Repel Spirit level 2 and it does the same damage as level 1? I tested it and both level 1 and level 2 cast by the same character did about 50 points of damage to the Testing Shade as well as the Shade in the mine. How much more damage should a level 2 do?

What about other level 2 spells do they do more damage than level 1 spells?

Also if you cast Acid a 2nd time on the same target will he take more damage?
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #1
The difference between a level one spell and a level two spell is paltry. There is a difference, so when you have the chance don't pass up reading spellbooks. Buying extra spell levels is only useful if you have too much money.

As for spray acid, I've never used it more than once per monster, so I have no idea.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #2
I think the difference between level one and level two of a spell is exactly the same as a single point of Spellcraft or Magery or the appropriate Priest/Mage Spells.

Spray Acid doesn't stack. It replaces.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #3
No, it stacks and does not replace.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
From what I can tell, duration stacks and damage increases up to a point but doesn't stack. Damage and duration may be related.

—Alorael, who definitely had fun killing enemies with Acid Spray and more fun killing more enemies with the Oozing Sword and Jade Halberd.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 3664
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Bring Out the Best in Boone:

...and more fun killing more enemies with the Oozing Sword and Jade Halberd.
And don't forget the Bow of Decay! Excellent for golems and pylons.

--------------------
*Child of Feanor*