Any way to re-read a spellbook?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Any way to re-read a spellbook?
Apprentice
Member # 4620
Profile #0
Either by some trainer or editor or whatever? Happened to read a book while my mage was dead, and lo and behold, it was a mage spell. Now it won't teach the damn spell again. Tried the editor, but it only gives XP/items/etc., can't learn individual spells. Rather annoyed.
Infiltrator
Member # 1418
Profile Homepage #1
Which spellbook was it?

--------------------
Geneforge 2 Editor
Apprentice
Member # 4620
Profile #2
Unlock Doors. Not critical, I realize, but I'm a perfectionist.
Infiltrator
Member # 1418
Profile Homepage #3
Actually meant the location of the book.
It's simple to change the flag to make the book unread, but I'll need its location.

--------------------
Geneforge 2 Editor
Apprentice
Member # 4620
Profile #4
It's the ruined bandit fort one screen west of Fort Duvno, on the second floor, in Havnar's room. Or, from what it says with the location cheat, about X=717, Y=328...
Infiltrator
Member # 1418
Profile Homepage #5
Press Shift+D.
Type "sdf 81 8 0".
Should allow you to read the spellbook again.

--------------------
Geneforge 2 Editor
Apprentice
Member # 4620
Profile #6
Dang, that's impressive as all hell...how do you do that, anyway? And thanks much.
Shock Trooper
Member # 125
Profile #7
Looking in the scripts. It should be simple enough to do.

On a side note, it will increase the level by one for each of your characters when you read the book, so if it were a spell which multiple characters used, not all of whom were dead when you read it first, you'd end up with an extra level on them. It's not a big deal, though you could use it to repeatedly reset spellbooks and get crazy levels of spells.

Using the A4 engine, it would be perfectly possible to make per-character flags for spellbooks, though that wouldn't work well if you deleted and remade a character. It would also be possible to do spells like in the previous games, where spellbooks contained a certain level of spell, not an increase of 1. However, that's not how Jeff decided to do it, I guess.

Yay post #200!

--------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.