Hawk King's Editor

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Hawk King's Editor
Apprentice
Member # 6878
Profile #0
I've found that it overwrites the initial dialogue of the cook, who, btw, actually provides information about one of the begining quests. I'm not a programmer nor a scripter and one glance nearly fried my brain... but I think if it was moved to another non-essencial NPC (like a guard?) it'd be better ....

--------------------
Kayl: "The voices in my head are having...creative differences right now."
Raistlyn: "The what are having what now?"
---
"Never argue with a moron. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #1
The problem is that it has to be a character that already has dialog. If there was an editor then it would be simpler to switch NPC's like that. I have't done much in A4, I'm waiting for version 2, but if a person compared them side by side it might be easy to put back the missing components.

Absent that, tack back on the bits about the quest.

--------------------
WWtNSD?
Infiltrator
Member # 1418
Profile Homepage #2
z60monasterdlg.txt
2 minute edit with the cook having the original conversation strings and the editor ones. Hope it works correctly.

[Edit]: Meh, forgot about the 8 convo limit. Any suggestions?
[Edit2]: Reuploaded file. Think I got it now.

[ Friday, March 10, 2006 19:25: Message edited by: Publicly Displayed Name: ]

--------------------
Geneforge 2 Editor
Warrior
Member # 57
Profile #3
The new trainer editor is better than this one as it mucked up the metal bar quest for some reason
Apprentice
Member # 6878
Profile #4
"_She gives you seeking rapiers heartstring bows and magi robes with deadeye cloaks._"; a list of the items she actually gives, for those who are curious and don't want to try it to find out...

NOTE: Not in order of appearance, but in ammounts...
*Takes a very deep breath and uses his best Jim Carrey voice*
5x Healing Elixer, Curing Elixer, Speed Elixer, Energy Elixer, Armor Elixer, Restoration Elixer, Invulnerable Elixer, Knowledge Elixer, and Knowledge Brew
4x Flaming Sword, Blessed Bracers, Quicksilver Sandals, Girdle of Nibleness, Mica Band, Gloves of the Hammer, Wisdowm Crystal, Runed Helm, Radient Vambraces, Gold Necklace, Cap of Farsight, Explorer's Ring, and Eliavari's Bow
3x Mercurial Plate
1x Sniper's Vest

And a partridge in a pear tree...
(Couldn't resist...)

...Ok, I sortof lied about not knowing how to script. The fixed script that PDN (two posts away) was in a format that didn't boggle my brain. For some reason, NotePad (don't have wordpad, Bob decided to eat that program for dinner) decided to put it all on one line..the file I downloaded was in a format I could understand..

So now, I'm gonna tinker a bit and see what items I can come up with unless someones beat me to it...

quote:
Originally written by Publicly Displayed Name:
:

[Edit]: Meh, forgot about the 8 convo limit. Any suggestions?
[Edit2]: Reuploaded file. Think I got it now.

I think there should be a way to do an extension topic line that should increase the ammount of usage? Sortof like the sign in GF3 ....?

[ Friday, March 10, 2006 20:34: Message edited by: Pheonix of the Blue Flame ]

--------------------
---
"Never argue with a moron. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Apprentice
Member # 6728
Profile #5
How exactly does this work? All I see is a .txt file.

--------------------
"From now on you will call me Sid, Lord of the Flame!"
"Hey, Lord of the Flame . . . your tails on fire."
Apprentice
Member # 6878
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Eldarion:

Goto the directory you installed Avernum 4 on (Default: C:\Program Files\Avernum 4\) and goto Data\Scripts. Make a backup copy of z60monasterdlg.txt and then place the new downloadable file into that directory, overwriting (As you have a backup copy, it's not a concern). Then, in Fort Monastery, goto the kitchen and talk to Bodri.

I'm learning the script pattern and I may have a bit of a better 'fix' - correcting typo's and misc errors that I found. (such as it saying specific eq when it doesn't give it) ...I may make an alteration to Peter to extend the list of options available (Soon as I figure that out...AFTER making a list of 00-500 items..)

--------------------
---
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #7
The list of items is in the document av4itemschars.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Apprentice
Member # 6728
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Pheonix of the Blue Flame:

quote:
Originally written by Eldarion:

Goto the directory you installed Avernum 4 on (Default: C:\Program Files\Avernum 4\) and goto Data\Scripts. Make a backup copy of z60monasterdlg.txt and then place the new downloadable file into that directory, overwriting (As you have a backup copy, it's not a concern). Then, in Fort Monastery, goto the kitchen and talk to Bodri.

I'm learning the script pattern and I may have a bit of a better 'fix' - correcting typo's and misc errors that I found. (such as it saying specific eq when it doesn't give it) ...I may make an alteration to Peter to extend the list of options available (Soon as I figure that out...AFTER making a list of 00-500 items..)

--------------------
"From now on you will call me Sid, Lord of the Flame!"
"Hey, Lord of the Flame . . . your tails on fire."
Apprentice
Member # 6878
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Infernal666hate:

The list of items is in the document av4itemschars.
I meant an easier to read document as a resource...

--------------------
---
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #10
open it, select all, copy, open your favorite document viewing device, paste.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Apprentice
Member # 6878
Profile #11
To be more exact, I'm making a document to be posted at GameFAQ's (and wherever else) of item values in this format:

VAL ITEM
01 Copper Coins (5)
02 Silver Coins (20)
03 Gold Coins (50)
04 Emerald
05 Flawed Crystal
06 Lovely Crystal
07 Beautiful Crystal
08 Unused
not this confusing format:
begindefineitem 474;
import = 171;
it_name = "Leaden Band";
it_value = 2000;
it_graphic_coloradj = 16;
it_protection = 8;
it_stats_to_affect 0 = 202;
it_stats_addition 0 = -3;
it_stats_to_affect 1 = 211;
it_stats_addition 1 = 10;
it_stats_to_affect 2 = 204;
it_stats_addition 2 = 2;
...I know, I'm giving myself a painful ammount of work but I've been bored lately and needed something to do other then twiddle my thumbs.

--------------------
---
Shock Trooper
Member # 125
Profile #12
There's got to be an automated way to do that, since it's really simply organized. Aran (or many other people) could probably write some script to parse that data out of the file.

However, if you enjoy hours of mindless labor, go right ahead. I won't stop you. :)

--------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Apprentice
Member # 6878
Profile #13
quote:
Originally written by Croikle:

However, if you enjoy hours of mindless labor, go right ahead. I won't stop you. :)
I worked the State Fair of Illanois and Texas. Hours of Mindless Labor is nothin compared to THAT horror. But it's also giving me a bit more of an insight to the script functions. And since I'm already more then half-way (item 251 now) I'm a bit dedicated.

--------------------
---
Infiltrator
Member # 1418
Profile Homepage #14
Don't want to infuriate you, Phoenix, but:
A4 Item List :)

--------------------
Geneforge 2 Editor
Apprentice
Member # 6878
Profile #15
quote:
Originally written by Publicly Displayed Name:
:
Don't want to infuriate you, Phoenix, but:
A4 Item List :)

:rolleyes: I knew someone had to have done that already...darnit! Ah well,least I've a bit more insight.

::Item 'Girdle of Insight' added to inventory::

...Ah well, just completed mine anyway..

--------------------
---