stockrooms

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: stockrooms
Warrior
Member # 6801
Profile #0
Were is it safe to stockpile you items? I have some trouble to choose for my best armor kit (more protective or less bulky? Armor or specific protection?) so I wish to keep my extra items in case I change my mind.
Is it just safe to pile them anywere?
Shock Trooper
Member # 1115
Profile Homepage #1
As far as I can tell, the game keeps track of every single item that's dropped on the ground, for all time. You could go back to the goblins at the beginning of the game and pick up all those stone knives if you wanted to.

I'd recommend dumping your stuff in Fort Avernum, though, since you tend to pass through that location often.

--------------------
"Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent." -Porkypine
Derakon's Library
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #2
Before you reach Fort Avernum, however, pile them around those pylons that sting you. This will make your life easier for the time being.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
It's safest to stockpile items in areas with fewer items in them already so that you don't hit the item cap and start losing your loot. The cap is high enough that you'd really have to make an effort to hit it, but better safe than sorry.

—Alorael, who uses Fort Monastery. It has relatively few items in it already, a handy pylon, and a nice assortment of boxes and cabinets for keeping different kinds of items organized.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by ASH LorAEL:

It's safest to stockpile items in areas with fewer items in them already so that you don't hit the item cap and start losing your loot. The cap is high enough that you'd really have to make an effort to hit it, but better safe than sorry.
I think I hit the item cap exactly once in the game, when my entire party was loaded down with loot from a dungeon and I tried to drop everything so I could fight a monster without being encumbered. I didn't lose any items, though; the game just refused to let me drop anything more after a certain point.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
Putting too much stuff on the ground in one spot does odd stuff. Apparently, the items take up so much time and memory for the game to show that the characters disappear.

Dikiyoba hits that barrier before Dikiyoba hits the item barrier. Dikiyoba's party should really use chests and barrels more often. Or seek treatment for their obsessive-compulsive disorder.