Sooo dark!!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Sooo dark!!
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #25
I believe we have a case for the invention of light in A5. Perhaps The king could, like, issue an edict or something.

BTW 1900 posts fo sho.

[ Monday, March 06, 2006 20:52: Message edited by: VCH ]

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #26
Perhaps the Tower Colony should get to work on reactivating all of the dead lanterns scattered throughout the caves... and maybe reinstitute the use of candles and torches.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #27
:) Lol. For sure. Forget the magic anvil spell. X should get to work on functional lanterns. Perhaps the Vahnatai are responsible. A last ditch effort by Rentar's supporters to give everyone really sore eyes.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by ef:

You wanted an example, Thuryl. Here's one that demonstrates the problem pretty well. This is not a particularly dark section of a dungeon, you can see a lot of details, even tiny ones, at least as long as their colour contrasts strongly with the colour of the floor: all the little stones are easy to make out.

But tell me, how many rats are there? No, it's not two, it's three. A lever would be practically invisible. Colours that are close to each other are hard to distinguish. If the dungeon were a bit darker, you'd not see any rat at all.

That's actually not so much worse than some of the dungeons in the Mac version. I remember that it wasn't uncommon to have to squint in order to see dark-coloured monsters in dark areas. So I don't think the problem is primarily from the Mac-Windows conversion (which Jeff knows quite well to adjust for, since back when BoE was supported he used to convert graphics between Mac and Windows and adjust the colours so they'd blend in correctly with the other version's graphics) -- some areas were just plain too dark to begin with.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #29
Hopefully the problem will be fixed in future games.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 1115
Profile Homepage #30
In the meantime, try holding down the Tab key to get some limited highlighting.

--------------------
"Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent." -Porkypine
Derakon's Library
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #31
The screen shot looks about as bad as what I get on my Mac iBook with the screen at medium range. Fight mode or tab will at least identify monster locations.

From the late Douglas Adams' Restaurant at the End of the Universe

"It's the wild color scheme that freaks me," said Zaphod whose love affair with this ship had lasted almost three minutes into the flight. "Every time you try to operate one of these weird black controls that are labeled in black on black background, a little black light lights up to let you know you've done it."

As quoted from the essay on ergonomics, "Beware of the Leopard," in The Anthology at the End of the Universe.

Pages