Undergroud fortress west of Spire and Erika's tower (there could be spoilers)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Undergroud fortress west of Spire and Erika's tower (there could be spoilers)
Apprentice
Member # 6705
Profile #0
Is there a way to get into the bandit (darkside loyalist?) undergroud fortress just across the river from Erika's tower? I can get undergroud, but, well, there is that portculis that blocks my way.

Other than that, is there a way to dispell the barrier inside Erika's tower (the one in the center, next to where the nice undead was)? I cannot do it although I found the second level in dispell barrier (somewhere in the Giant lands)...

[ Wednesday, January 18, 2006 08:03: Message edited by: fstengel ]
Apprentice
Member # 6705
Profile #1
Forget it about the dispel barrier, I must have been a bit low on the various spellcraft, magery etc. thingies... :rolleyes:

As for the loyalist thingie, well, sorry, I should have been more careful where I stepped, some runes are better than other... :rolleyes: (again)

[ Wednesday, January 18, 2006 08:28: Message edited by: fstengel ]
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #2
Please do not double post. To enter the Darkside Loyalist lair, you need to enter from Erika's Tower itself, the west side of the river. You will not be able to get there until almost the end of the game.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6726
Profile #3
I feel silly asking this, but I can't get to the other side of the river to get to erika's fortress. I've been to the ruins part to where you get shot at, but i can't get to the tower itself or to the dark loyalists. I've "won" the game, but can't do this part. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
When you say that you've "won the game", I assume you mean that you've gotten to Rentar's final fortress. Anyway, here are directions to Erika's Ruins:

-Go to Rentar's final fortress, but don't go towards the entrance.
-Head back south, across those plains that the vahnatai guided you across.
-From the southwest corner of that section, you should be able to head straight south and reach the ruins of Erika's Tower.
-Watch out for the shambler things...

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #5
The shamblers were a real letdown compared to how hard they used to be in previouse Avernums.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #6
No kidding... they only seemed to notice you if you actually went up and hit them. Though in that respect, they're like all the shamblers and shambler-type-things from A1, which never even moved until hit.

The A4 shamblers did have some impressive resistances, though...

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Apprentice
Member # 6726
Profile #7
Thank you, Erudite. I can't believe I missed that area. :D