where is this sleater fellow?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: where is this sleater fellow?
Apprentice
Member # 5844
Profile Homepage #0
okay so I am rethinking the inteligence of not buying the tip book. I may purchase it, in spite of these posts I read that it contains errors. In the mean time, I am trying to find this sleater fellow in the honeycomb, since I was told by the priest in Meritis that he could help me with the undead in the tower, which is what I am actually trying to do. So, I have been all through the honeycomb, which is rather large and maze like, and I am yet to find this person. Now there is one place where I haven't been In the Honeycomb (perhaps more, but I know about this one). It's blocked by this group of adventurers that I can't seem to beat, even though I have clear just about everything else. These guys just swarm and pummel me everytime. So My long winded question is two-fold. First, where is this Sleater fellow? Second, if he is behind these adventurer types can anyone provide assistance in how to beat these guys? thanks.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
Getting past them will indeed get you to Sleater. I suggest haste/bless/shielding/augmentation before the battle. There is another way. From the start of the Honeycomb in Metris, head north until you find three stairways. I forget which one, but you want to continue heading north until you find a bunch of stairs in a row. Continue on that route to find Sleater.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #2
You don't actually need to beat the adventurers to get everywhere in the Honeycomb as it's enough of a maze you can come at them from both sides.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Warrior
Member # 4204
Profile #3
Be aware that the alternate route requires you to overcome a number of acid-spitting plants, which are a challenge in their own right.

--------------------
What really went on there, we only have this excerpt...
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #4
Worse comes to worst, leave for a bit and gain some levels and come back.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #5
I advertise again, in case you are very frustrated, my maps of the Honeycomb posted in a recent thread in this forum.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
In particular, this thread.

Maybe someone should put a link to that thread or those pictures in the forum header?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
Maybe someone should.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
Killing shrubbery is rather easy as long as you are willing to take some time lobbing spells with casters and then shuffling them out of sight with fighters. It's entirely possible to never give the plants a target during their turns.

—Alorael, who is very proud of his immobile target destruction tactics.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #9
Of course, it's rather faster (and probably more SP-efficient) to just send up one hasted acid-resistant melee fighter and let the priest de-acidify him every turn.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Warrior
Member # 5268
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Cruniac:

—Alorael, who is very proud of his immobile target destruction tactics.
You probably wouldn't fight the Black Knight like a man either.

—Skippy, who knows the unladen flight speed of an African swallow.