Bandit Castle

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Bandit Castle
Apprentice
Member # 6638
Profile #0
I've wandered and explored a lot of the Cotra area, but I can't get into the Bandit Castle still. I found the Bronze Bandit Key quickly, but it doesn't let me into the castle, which is fine. But I can't find the key that will. I've killed the archers in the front and back of the castle. My tool use is only at level 8, I don't want to get it up to 17 for this door.

Not looking for a spoiler, just a hint to point out what I can't see
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #1
Suitably vague hint: There are at least three bandit leaders in that part of the Eastern Gallery. It may be easier to deal with them in a certain order.

Alternately, you can use Unlock Doors to get a big boost to your Tool Use, if you made your thief a mage.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
Another, ever so slightly more specific hint: you're looking for another bandit key that isn't bronze. It shouldn't be too hard to come up with one in the other dens of banditry. If you've cleared them out already, go back and poke through chests and boxes.

—Alorael, who couldn't be more specific even if he so desired because he can't remember where he found his keys.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6638
Profile #3
Well I guess I need more then :) I've wandered the eastern gallery so long I don't even remember which bandit camp I got the bronze key. There's no one left to fight really, and I can only remember 2 bandit camps, the ruins and the one due north of it. Where is the 3rd located so I can search the boxes?
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #4
The third one is the castle you're trying to get into. It sounds like you've already dealt with Hanvar (the old fort west of Draco) and Kelda (just north of Hanvar). I believe the Iron key, which opens the castle, is in Kelda's lair somewhere, in a pot or a box.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6638
Profile #5
Ok, I thought you meant 3 leaders before the castle. That was driving me a little crazy trying to find the 3rd. The key was where you described, twice I missed it when searching that area!

thank you very much
Warrior
Member # 6627
Profile Homepage #6
As long as we're talking about these bandits, this is on topic. Is there any benefit to letting Bragg escape? I thought at first it would change the story at the end of the game, but now I think it just lets you skip the combat. I haven't quite made it to the very end; I just assassinated the queen of Spire.

I read somewhere there are several major plot forks, and I thought this might be one of them (or I could be wrong about the plot forks).
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
They aren't really plot forks so much as slightly different endings that you can get. I don't think Bragg is one of them. He's too minor a player in the events of A4.

—Alorael, who also didn't see any text that seemed related to the Eastern Gallery bandits in the ending.
Apprentice
Member # 6650
Profile #8
Can anyone give me the specific location of hanvar? I've killed all the bandits I've sen in the bandit ruins, gotten the keys from both the other bandit camp, and killed brag, but I can't finish the quest "Kill Bandit Hanvar"
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
He's in the ruins west of Fort Dranlon on the upper level. There are two stairs up in different corners of the first level, and you probably missed one.

—Alorael, who wonders why Avernum didn't do something about the ruins the first time bandits had to be cleared out. What did the ruins start out as, anyway?