Fort Remote (SPOILERS!)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Fort Remote (SPOILERS!)
Apprentice
Member # 6177
Profile #0
Ok, so Houghten got knocked off, and I went off to fort remote to kill Rentar-Ihnro.
I meandered my way through all those freakin pylons (gah do I hate those things) without ever needing to kill one of them, but know I'm stuck. I found the 4 vahanatai who are supposed to "retrieve" rentar, but I can't figure out where to go.
I'm near a bridge with a eye-beast on it. Suggestions?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Charging blindly forward worked for me. You can't get into the fort even after killing everything that moves?

—Alorael, who remembers purchasing a key from someone in Fort Remote. He can't remember where it was useful, but it was. If you didn't get it, prepare to backtrack through many pylons just in case.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #2
The key is from the wounded soldier in the main hall of Fort Remote. You will need to recover some boat plans which are pretty easy to find and she will give you the key.

I believe from the Eyebeat bridge, there should be a door somewhere to the west that leads to a bunch of wolves. Keep following the passage and you should find Rentar's lair.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6177
Profile #3
I did get the key from fort remote, but the door it opened only seemed to lead to some spell books.

Charging forward blindly killing everything that moves might work, but I made it this far without killing a single pylon :)
Just out of curiosity, how DO you kill those pilons? They keep freezing my characters......
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by *i:

The key is from the wounded soldier in the main hall of Fort Remote. You will need to recover some boat plans which are pretty easy to find and she will give you the key.
You don't actually need to get that key, by the way. There's another copy of it in a box somewhere in the tunnels.

The quickest way to kill pylons is to put your fighter within its attack range (so that it doesn't regenerate), and have your archers and mages attack it from as far away as possible (so they're out of range of the pylons' attacks).

[ Sunday, January 01, 2006 14:15: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #5
The second Crystal Key is in the basalt fortress, so that one's not so helpful for getting TO the fortress any easier.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Warrior
Member # 6627
Profile Homepage #6
There's a "long way" for getting to the wolf tunnel. If you had the key, you could go through that door, but without it you have to descend a stairway, fight a Vahantai warrior (and run past 2 pylons), and you end up in the same place.

Basically, when you open that door there are 2 stairwells. The long way I described spits you out at the top of the other stairs so you can continue just like you opened the door with the key.