stuck in honey

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: stuck in honey
Apprentice
Member # 6615
Profile #0
I'm still waiting for my hintbook to arrive, but I'm stuck. I can't find the bandits or Sleater in the honeycomb, and I've been through most of it. I've come upon the band of adventurers who say they're working for someone in Mertis, but I didn't want to force past if they are important. Does it matter, or do I just need to get past them? Is that the way to the bandits or sleater, anyhow?
Thanks!
Apprentice
Member # 2115
Profile #1
The Honeycomb is really quite convuluted.
Spoiler

You can find sleater quite readily by following the upper path from Mertis, going down the right chamber full of undead, going up from that chamber. In the next screen, just northwest of where you should be, there is a down staircase. From there, it is a straight forward up-and-down to get to Sleater. Its really about keeping the connection between the maps in your head. There is no easy way to describe it.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
I think I have an easier route to describe.

Go through the southern Honeycomb entrance west of Mertis and stay to the south until the path curls north. You'll reach an intersection where you can go north, west into another map section, or east. Go east and take the stairs down.

On the lower level, head east as far as you can and then follow the path south. You'll end up in a long cave with no branchings that eventually leads to a party of bandits posing as adventurers who won't let you through. Go ahead and kill them, then continue along to the northwest. You'll reach a place where the path branches to the east and west. To the east is the entrance to the bandit fort, and to the west the path curls, heads north to another map section, and goes past more stairs that lead up to Sleater's house.

—Alorael, who can only remember the way to anything in the Honeycomb by knowing that everything important requires going south as much as possible.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6177
Profile #3
Take the top path from Mertis, take the immediate right, go past the first intersection to a screen with three stairs leading down, take the far right path. Once down the stairs, go up/left, skipping the first branch and taking the second, there should be a set of stairs right there.
Once up the stairs, go straight up, you should almost immediately come upon a small path with a set of stairs down. Take the stairs.
Follow the path (there are no branches) and take the stairs.
Follow the path again (no branches) and take the stairs.
Again, follow the path and take the stairs. (bored yet?)
Almost there.
Follow the path until it comes to a a split, take either one, since they both lead to the same place and continue following the path until you see a side passage to the north, take it and Sleater is right there.

Phew, hope that helps. (hope its coherent enough)
Apprentice
Member # 6615
Profile #4
Yay! I found it! Thanks everyone! The undead cave was the first I went into, and I completely overlooked going back there and finding the stairs. Those stupid shrubs were killing me!
And I thought the chitrach tunnels were bad!
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #5
is anthron still there?

--------------------
join me!
we shall harness the power of geckos, bunnys, and fluffy pink stuffed animals and rule the world!!!
Posts: 193 | Registered: Wednesday, December 14 2005 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
No. The dragons (that is, the ones who aren't dead) all went to the surface in Avernum 3, so their lairs are abandoned.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!