Reptile Island (spoilers)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Reptile Island (spoilers)
Apprentice
Member # 3178
Profile #0
I just killed the Drake living under the island. There was no previous mention of him encountered in any conversation or quest. Did I just make a mistake? I have no idea if he is important later on.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #1
You'll be fine.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Apprentice
Member # 3178
Profile #2
Thanks, wasn't sure. Its dialog choices were a bit complicated for something trivial, which is why I've got a Bad Feeling About This™.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #3
Well, he is a drake. And they tend to be a bit more thoughtful when they converse with you.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
I don't think anyone important in A4 gives you a dialogue option to eliminate with extreme prejudice. If you get that chance, go ahead and take it. At worst it's a quest that you haven't found yet.

—Alorael, who can think of one semi-exception, but it's both quite obvious and still not something that can wreck your game.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Two pipe solo:

—Alorael, who can think of one semi-exception, but it's both quite obvious and still not something that can wreck your game.
I can think of two rather important characters you get the dialogue option to kill... and both can have rather unpleasant consequences.

And of course, there are the bounty hunt quests... all three of them.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #6
there's drakes?
come on jeff you can do better then that!
next you will have a mysterious cult of people who can create living beings and also fight vilish and their monster plaugers

--------------------
join me!
we shall harness the power of geckos, bunnys, and fluffy pink stuffed animals and rule the world!!!
Posts: 193 | Registered: Wednesday, December 14 2005 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by arghhhhhhhhh:

there's drakes?
next you will have a mysterious cult of people who can create living beings and also fight vilish and their monster plaugers

Drakes have been in the Avernum before Geneforge even existed. And the Vahnatai created monster plagues before Geneforge, too.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #8
quote:

there's drakes?

arghhhhhhhhh, register the game, for the love of all things good and pure. Just buckle down and buy it, so you can learn the plot for yourself, instead of pestering us.

Avernum without the occasional drake would just be wrong. Think of all the awesome treasure we'd be missing out on.

EDIT: I see you did register, now that I looked at the other thread... so play the stupid thing for yourself! You'll learn that hardly any of the drakes figure into the plot at all!

[ Sunday, January 01, 2006 17:07: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #9
quote:

monster plaugers
This really sounds terrible. I mean, it sounds like the sort of thing that would have me clear out an area pretty darn quickly, faster than anyone ran from anything in A3.

It sounds almost as bad as GF creations wearing rouge, or someone in BoA having problems with dialouge. I suppose it must be in vouge for a rouge to speak a monolouge like a demagouge without glancing at an analouge clock.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
It's not necessary to gouge people about their spelling, Kel.

—Alorael, who feels that he just earned himself at least one point with that one.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #11
An even tougher one for me to type correctly the first time is "gauge". And the longer I look at it, the wronger it looks.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #12
If I can rudely wrench the topic back to Reptile Island for a moment: I have only found one quest related to the island this time, but I seem to remember having two before. Any reminders would be appreciated.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #13
As far as I can recall, the only quest involving that island was to find the way to get there.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #14
Trinity, you're right, there are two quests for the island route. One you get in Silvar, and one you get in Cotra. I can't remember more specifically than that, but I know at least one request comes from a female, and one of them is from the boatmaker in Silvar...I think.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #15
You're right. One quest (to find the island) is from Marshall in West Cotra, and the other (to find evidence of the sea monsters being there) is from Ruth in Silvar. You can only get the quest from Ruth when the shade isn't in town.

--------------------
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #16
That's my problem -- there must be a Starbucks in Silvar, because the Shade just won't leave.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #17
You can always come back after killing the shade and get the mission then. The reward is only 300 coins and a bit of experience.

--------------------