The End (Spoiler Warning)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The End (Spoiler Warning)
Apprentice
Member # 6603
Profile #0
So, I chose to beat the ever-living hell out of Rentar, because her fortresses wore down my patience. That being said, do the other dialogue choices actually lead to different endings in which I don't shatter that annoying witch?

--------------------
But honor is like the undead: it requites constant attention and frequent violence.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Yes. You can convince her to either surrender to the Vahnatai, or to leave Avernum alone and bother the Empire instead. Starrus and Ghall-Ihrno will be less than pleased if you pick the latter option.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #2
To do this, however, you need to talk suggest surrendering whenever you get a chance. If you ever pick the "die Vahnatai witch!" she will always fight to the end.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #3
I would have liked the option to take her captive, return her to the Castle, and have her stand trial for her crimes. And then locked in a dark room some place and sealed away.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #4
You could probably edit the dialogue scripts to include such an option. In fact, a major rewriting of all major plot points undertaken by the community would probably yield better results than Jeff's predictable work.

Volunteers, anyone?

--------------------
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #5
Wikivernum, hmmm. An Avernum mash-up. A character editor is one thing, rewriting the whole game but using Jeff's engine is probably quite another. Obviously no-one can stop you from doing this quietly among friends, but if I were Jeff I'd definitely take whatever steps I could to squash a public venture. I don't know much about copyright law, but I expect it might empower some good squashing in such a case, even if no profit were involved.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00