Random Unregistering with Mac OS 9.2

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Random Unregistering with Mac OS 9.2
Warrior
Member # 3946
Profile Homepage #0
The Problem:

Occasionally after I reboot my old iMac I find that my copy of Avernum 2 (Version 1.0.2) has magically become unregistered.

My Temporary Solutions:

I do step ii and reinstall it, it works again, but keeps unregistering.

Needless to say this can be a pain in the neck, especially since I can't figure out why it's doing it. I've installed it on my Windows computers several times without this problem ever occurring. I'm just curious if anyone's had this problem before with a potential solution for me. If any other information is needed from me, I should be here to respond. If this problem should be disregarded because it can indeed be fixed each time it happens, then that's also fine.

As a note: I recall this happened once before this week for Avernum 1, I may be wrong, and it isn't giving me trouble at the moment.

[ Saturday, February 16, 2008 12:26: Message edited by: Gale ]
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #1
Try removing Avernum 2's preferences (in the system folder) when you reinstall it. I have an old iMac as well, and I've never encountered this problem before.

--------------------
Drew - "Coincidence, correlation, or causation, I wonder?"
Warrior
Member # 3946
Profile Homepage #2
I tried deleting the prefs, and then I reinstalled and deleted the prefs again which unregistered me (as I assumed it would from your instructions.) Reinstalled again overriding the prefs created from said test and the application was registered.

Rebooted and it was still registered. (At this point I assumed that one reboot wasn't sufficient enough) rebooted again, and it's still registered.

Well, it might happen again, but let's hope not. Anyway, if this fixes it for a reasonable amount of reboots, I'll be much better off than otherwise.

Thanks for the assistance, we can assume this problem is fixed.