Can't mount Avernum 5 dmg on ppc @ 10.4.10

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Can't mount Avernum 5 dmg on ppc @ 10.4.10
Apprentice
Member # 11902
Profile #0
Hello all - I can't mount the Avernum 5 disk image on my 1.5 GHz PowerBook, though I can on our MacBook . No errors anywhere - some activity when I double-click on it but it doesn't mount. I downloaded from all the mirrors and got the same results everywhere.

Is there an error log somewhere in OSX I can check to see what's going on? Any suggestions??

Cool game, by the way, I'm enjoying it.

Thanks,

JB

[ Saturday, November 17, 2007 15:52: Message edited by: Supernaut ]
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #1
It's a ordinary .dmg file, and we aren't getting any other complaints about this, so I suspect that it is an issue on your machine. A damaged file in the operating system, a program interfering with .dmg files, or the like. We're using the basic dmg format with no extras or modifications. Sorry I can't be of more help.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #2
It's probably worth redownloading, in case it got corrupted, and also trying to mount a different dmg, to see if it's a problem with your computer or this specific image.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
Apprentice
Member # 11902
Profile #3
Yeah, I think it's a local issue here as well. Other dmgs mount just fine, although the same thing happens with Scorched Earth 3D.

I was hoping for pointers to debug information somewhere in OSX.

Thanks,

JB
Apprentice
Member # 11902
Profile #4
I found the console in Utilities --> Console. The error generated while trying to mount the Avernum 5 DMG is:

2007-11-19 21:47:11.782 DiskImages UI Agent[390] couldn't load SLAPane.nib?!
2007-11-19 21:47:11.782 DiskImages UI Agent[390] The DiskImages framework encountered a fatal error and will need to be reinstalled before it can mount this image
Nov 19 21:47:11 dinette /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskImages.framework/Versions/A/Resources/DiskImages UI Agent.app/Contents/MacOS/DiskImages UI Agent: DiskImages framework needs to be reinstalled to display an SLA

Seems like a GUI error? Perhaps an error during the display of the dmg folder image? That's just a guess - what little I know about this process in OSX would bounce around in a thimble.

FYI

Thanks,

JB
Warrior
Member # 7633
Profile #5
It looks as though your installation of OS X is missing some components. You'll need to reinstall.

To be specific, what's missing is some files used to display license agreements for disk images. These aren't present in all disk images, explaining why it's only an issue for some. Given that this is missing, though, it's more than likely that there's other stuff that's gone missing as well.