Malfunctioning Resistance Crystal in Avernum

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Malfunctioning Resistance Crystal in Avernum
Apprentice
Member # 10312
Profile #0
Hi,
I decided to play Avernum (v.2) the first one, again, and have acquired the blue mind crystal for Resistance. however, when I try to use it, nothing happens. There is nothing listed in the abilities page of the info screen for the using character. Is there a way to make this work without screwing up stats or affecting the rest of the game?
Thanks!
PR
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #1
It should have added the resistance skill, but it may be that it made your list too long to see immediately. Look at your skill page, then try scrolling to the bottom.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #2
Resistance isn't an an ability, it's a skill, like strength or intelligence. And considering the number of special skills you can pick up along the way, what Schrodinger described is probably what happened.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.