GF 4: Girdle of Genius malfuntion?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: GF 4: Girdle of Genius malfuntion?
Apprentice
Member # 8885
Profile #0
I recently found a Girdle of Genius in a locked chest, it gives the following

Armor: +6%
+2 intelligence
+2 intelligence of Creations

The +2 intelligence of Creations does not seem to work. I shaped a creature with 1 in intelligence but I still could not control it.

I saw the notice that items that are supposed to give strength to your creations are not working on the support page but it did not mention anything about this. Is there a patch I have missed or is there something I can do to fix it?
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #1
Creation control does not apply to item bonus. You have to Shape sufficient intelligence into your creation. Too bad! I sure wish that worked!

--------------------
"The mouth is like the city gate. Opening it lets the soldiers of stupidity into the world."
--Shaper wisdom from G2

Porcrastinators Unite...Tomorrow!
Apprentice
Member # 8885
Profile #2
Ok, thanks for your help.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Honestly, the Girdle of Genius is the best belt for a shaper-type as it is. If wearing it meant you could make controllable creations without putting points into their intelligence, that'd just make it even more overpowered.

[ Tuesday, June 05, 2007 05:48: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #4
True. If you want an incredibly good belt, you should just wait for the later game when more powerful items become aplenty.

--------------------
"The mouth is like the city gate. Opening it lets the soldiers of stupidity into the world."
--Shaper wisdom from G2

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
No need to wait, really. That girdle goes on my shock trooper as soon as I pull it out of the chest in Northforge and doesn't come off for the entire game.

The only other belt Dikiyoba would be tempted to use is the +2 endurance belt, but it's not quite as good.
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #6
That is usually how I am, except sometimes, I wear the Girdle of Endurance so I can use the gruesome charm without too much penalty. The +2 Dexterity and Strength I don't usually end up using.

--------------------
--Shaper wisdom from G2