Avernum on Microsoft Vista

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum on Microsoft Vista
Apprentice
Member # 8331
Profile #0
I recently purchased an Acer Aspire 5100 running Microsoft Vista. It uses AMD Turion 64 and ATI Radeon Xpress 1100.

I installed Avernum 1, seemingly successfully. I started a new game and accepted the default party. On the first introduction screen, I clicked when prompted to continue. At this point, the program stopped responding. Any ideas?

I've noticed from attempting to install other programs that Vista is stricter in terms of security. It won't allow files to be installed into the c:\windows\ or c:\windows\system32 directories (but no error is reported by the installation program). I don't know if this is relevant here, but added it for completeness.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
This has been reported before. Set it to run in XP compatibility mode and you should be fine.

Edit: Here Jeff says downloading the latest version of Avernum will also fix the problem.

Dikiyoba.

[ Saturday, March 17, 2007 10:58: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #2
Yes, I can confirm that patched version available on spidweb.com runs fine under vista. Don't worry, updating to the patch doesn't unregister the game or anything.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4