Corrupt graphics A4 Mac 1.1

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Corrupt graphics A4 Mac 1.1
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #0
At first I thought it was the installation, but I deleted, redownloaded, and reinstalled, and it still happens. In the Eastern Gallery, in the farmer's cellar northwest of Cotra, there is a chitrach that appears as static on the screen and makes the game abort when it is killed.

I'm using a MacBook Pro, 2.0 GHX Intel Core Duo running OS X 10.4.8 Intel.

[ Wednesday, February 21, 2007 16:39: Message edited by: Tyran ]

--------------------
"It's sort of like Star Wars. Except Jeff didn't make Erika shoot first in Avernum 3, nor did he introduce annoying computer-animated aliens." —Arancaytar
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
You're not the first person to report this. Probably a good idea to email Jeff.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
It works fine for me, but I'm using an iBook G4 PowerPC G4, 1.33 GHz, Software OS X 10.3.5. The problem seems to be in the Intel version.
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #3
That makes no sense. They use the same graphics file.

--------------------
"It's sort of like Star Wars. Except Jeff didn't make Erika shoot first in Avernum 3, nor did he introduce annoying computer-animated aliens." —Arancaytar
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Tyran:

That makes no sense. They use the same graphics file.
It makes plenty of sense; the Intel Mac version of BoA will choke to death on some graphics that work OK on the regular version.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #5
Well, I would check the PPC version, but it runs far too slowly for me to even attempt to use.

--------------------
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Apprentice
Member # 8164
Profile #6
I have the same problem on an Intel MacBook Pro, running the "Universal" Avernum 4 v1.1. A bug fix (or workaround) would be most appreciated, and I am also curious as to what in particular is the cause of this problem (is it an incompatibility in the Intel OS X implementation of a particular graphics framework/API?)...
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #7
I have a fix for the problem. Download this file:

ftp://ftp.spiderwebsoftware.com/mac/z116galwood.txt

and copy it into the Scripts folder, which is in the Avernum 4 FIles folder. Then, when you trigger the event, all of the chitrachs will be fine. (If clicking on the link doesn't download it, try using the Safari browser, Control-clicking on the link and selecting Download Linked File.)

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #8
I downloaded the file, put it in the correct directory, loaded a save from before I went to that location, and the same thing happened.

--------------------
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #9
OK, try the download again. it should be fine now.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #10
Works now. Thank you.

--------------------
The Spiderweb Chat Room