Running the games on Intel Macs?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Running the games on Intel Macs?
Apprentice
Member # 5657
Profile #0
Hi all,

I wonder if any of you have had any luck getting any of the SpiderWeb games to run on the new Intel Macs? I know that classic games won't run on these machines, but I figured that games in Carbon like the Avernum and Geneforge ones should be fine as they can execute through Rosetta.

Anyways, I was really dismayed this morning when I pulled out my new and shiny Geneforge 2 CD, tried to install it (which went fine), and then double clicked on the game, only to have it open in TextEdit as a bunch of binary garbage! Same thing for Blades of Avernum. Avernum 4 was the only one that worked okay.

Any ideas if this is fixable, or if Jeff has any plans to make these games playable? I just shelled out $55 for the Geneforge trilogy, had my PowerBook die just after I finished the first game, and now I might not even be able to play the other two :( .
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Get Info on the application and look under the Open With choices. I've occasionally had my computer decide that various Spiderweb offerings would be best treated as documents, but the application itself remains one of the choices for opening.

—Alorael, who also has seen the applications' icons go through a number of fascinating permutations. They particularly want to be Sibelius documents.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #2
Once I saw everything installed on a friend's computer turned into SimCopter saved games.

He didn't even own SimCopter, either. It was strange.

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #3
Look on this page, section C. Should solve your problem.

http://www.spidweb.com/misc/download.html

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #4
Look on this page, section C. Should solve your problem.

http://www.spidweb.com/misc/download.html

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #5
Oooo, Jeff double-posted. :P

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Apprentice
Member # 5657
Profile #6
Weirdness. Even though it was listed as an application, it would still open in TextEdit. Then I rebooted, and all is well.
Apprentice
Member # 6924
Profile Homepage #7
Heh I get video files open in my text editor in Windows, it's not just MacOS that gets confused :)