Feature Request (A4 Engine)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Feature Request (A4 Engine)
Cartographer
Member # 995
Profile #0
I like that you can click on the space you want and have the character go there -- much MUCH more than the "directional" mouse system...

except, it's very very hard to click the space directly "NW" of a character. Not a problem, I'll just use the keyboard to tweak myself diagonally one...

...except I'm using a laptop, aie.

Thus my feature request: some kind of laptop key system for people who don't have diagonals :)
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #1
This has plagued us laptop users since A1. I actually went out and purchased a portable number pad in part to improve my Avernum playing experience. They're fairly cheap now, and if you use your laptop for any sort of data entry, very helpful for those reasons as well.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
I've never had any problems clicking northwest, but I also haven't had to rely on precise clicking much. Although I do have a laptop, it spends most of its time planted on a desk with a full keyboard hooked up. In addition to the convenience of a numeric keypad for Avernum, it's much easier to type anything with a full keyboard.

—Alorael, who considers it an advancement that A4 doesn't move you two spaces when you click once. It could be worse!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00