A4 Item Script

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A4 Item Script
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #0
Whenever I switch the item number of a gold ring and any other item, (graymold in this case, I wanted to finish the damn quest,) all rings turn into floor tiles. When I switched them back, or used a different item, it worked fine.

I looked through the script looking for any possible errors, and after some reading through, concluded that what I did with the gold ring was not in any way different with what I did with the stick. (switching the 'begindefineitem' numbers.)

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #1
In those scripts, objects that are defined get the characteristics that are given to them after begindefineitem (such as "it_stats_to_affect_0 = 0" or whatever), but they ALSO inherit the characteristics of another item. If "import = x" is used, they inherit the characteristics of x (overwriting any characteristics that the item has already been given). If no import line is there, they inherit the characteristics of the previous item in the file.

All rings (except for item 171, the platinum ring) import item 170, the gold ring (or another ring which itself imports the gold ring). (You might say the plain gold ring is the master ring...) If item 170 is no longer the gold ring, they no longer important the characteristics that make them rings!

This is why editing the script files is not safe if you aren't extremely careful.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #2
I forgot about that, it seems so simple now that you pointed it out, and yes, I do have experience reading and writing spiderwebcode.
That still doesn't change why they turned into floor tiles though.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #3
It's a graphics issue. The floor tile (I'm assuming you're getting green grass) is the default item graphic.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #4
Can somebody please explain this?
quote:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, ironyce@ironycentral.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/1.3.26 Server at www.ironycentral.com Port 80
No, it's not green grass, I'm getting different types of cave floor.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
Did it appear while trying to post? I think I got something similar once, but I can't be sure.

Dikiyoba.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
That error usually means the forums' server is overloaded. Try again later.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!